Prospective students must meet the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) requirements for admissions for their individual program of study (M.Eng., M.Sc., or Ph.D.) -- See SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS
ADMISSIONS APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS:
- OBTAIN TENTATIVE ACCEPTANCE FORM AN ACADEMIC ADVISOR (PROFESSOR) BEFORE APPLYING to the Graduate Program
Applicants MUST receive tentative acceptance from a faculty member of the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering who is willing to supervise the prospective student in their research OR project activities REGARDLESS OF THE DEGREE PROGRAM
(Please note that not all faculty members are currently accepting graduate students)
- DEGREE REQUIREMENT: The applicant must hold at least a B.Sc. Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or a related discipline) from a recognized university
- MINIMUM ADMISSIONS GRADE POINT AVERAGE (GPA) of 3.5 is recommended
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: We use the grades in your last two (2) full years of study unless part of those grades are from a Canadian and/or U.S. university in which case a combination of 60 credit hours and "last two years" are used.
(if you have a Master's Degree the grades in this program count as ONE (1) year or 50% of the GPA calculation unless those grades are from a Canadian and/or U.S., recognized university) -- see
- CANADIAN STUDENTS: We use the grades in your last 60 credit hours.
**Again, if you are a Canadian Student and did some combination of Canadian/U.S. university AND a studies abroad we will calculate your GPA using a combination of 60 credit hours and two full years of student -- see
- It is recommended that ALL students have "Good to Excellent" grades in basic engineering disciplines in order to be accepted into the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering Graduate Program.
- In order to receive partial funding INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS must have at least a 3.5 GPA (in their last 2 years of study and/or 60 credit hour combination if applicable) and your English Language Exam scores must be received by the Faculty of Graduate student at least one month prior to the Faculty of Graduate Studies Admissions Deadline.
- In order to apply (not guaranteed) for exceptional funding Canadian and International students must have a 3.75 GPA or higher
NOTE: Successful applicants should have at least a 3.5 GPA (based on a 4.5 scale) in their last two (2) years and/or 60 credit hours of studies.
- STATEMENT OF INTENT OR CV -- Please submit a Statement of Intent and/or CV with your Admissions Packet