AFTER receiving Tentative Acceptance you may submit an online Admissions Application. Please select the appropriate instructions to apply for admissions
Should you have questions please contact us by EMAIL ONLY. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to phone calls.
APPLICATION FEE EXEMPTION
We do not offer Application Fee/Processing Fee exemptions.
PAYING THE APPLICATION FEE
We cannot process Admissions Applications without the receipt of the application/processing fee. The Application Fee may be paid through PayMyTuition, online payment (Visa and MasterCard), cheque, money order, and GlobalPay
- Payment site information
- Payment website: https://www.paymytuition.com/
INTAKE PERIOD (Refers to when you will begin your graduate program)
Your Academic Advisor (Professor) determines when you will begin your graduate program. Please discuss your intake period with your professor.
- The Academic Advisor (Professor) determines a student's INTAKE PERIOD
- Once the INTAKE PERIOD is determined please apply during the appropriate INTAKE PERIOD
GATHER NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
- ASSEMBLE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Before going to the online application, make sure you have photocopies of all necessary documents, required for your APPLICATION TYPE.
- APPLICATION TYPES: What document do I need
FULL-TIME / PART-TIME STATUS
Please discuss any possibilities of Part-Time enrollment with your Academic Advisor (Professor) while seeking Tentative Acceptance.
- Part-Time Enrollment Status MUST be discussed with your intended Academic Advisor PRIOR to receiving Tentative Acceptance
- Any deception made to the professor, department, university, etc. is cause for Discontinuance from the Graduate Program
- Once Part-Time status is approved by your Academic Advisor
- Select "PART-TIME" enrollment status on your ONLINE APPLICATION
- AFTER receiving an Offer of Admissions, email the Graduate Student Advisor to request a "PART-TIME GRADUATE STUDENT" form
- A REASON for Part-Time enrollment must be indicated on the "PART-TIME GRADUATE STUDENT" form
- Depending the REASON selected, the Graduate Student Advisor will request one of the following
- A letter from your employer indicating FULL-TIME employment
- This letter must be on company letter head
- This letter must be dated
- This letter should come from your company's Human Resource department
- This letter must be signed by a Human Resource representative
- A letter from your physician stating the reason you are not able to attend full-time
- This letter must be on the physician's letter head
- This letter must be dated
- This letter should be signed by either the physician or office administrator
- EMAIL back to the Graduate Student Advisor
- the "PART-TIME GRADUATE STUDENT" form
- the Letter from your Employer or Physician
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Must hold Full-Time Enrollment Status
- FUNDING & AWARDS
Usually, Part-Time students do not qualify for funding or scholarships.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT & THE APPLICATION
- APPLICATION METHOD: Online Only
- APPLICATION FORM:
- Go to "APPLICATION DEADLINES"
- Select the correct TABLE
- CANADIAN / U.S. APPLICANTS
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- Click "APPLY" in the correct table
- In the event that you've missed the deadline to apply for that intake period you'll need to contact your Academic Advisor to make sure you may apply for a later intake period
- Here, you will create your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT
- You will create an online Admissions Application through the SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT
- Through you SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT you will receive Communications from the Faculty of Graduate Studies regarding
- Admissions (Acceptance or Rejection)
- Your Application Status
- Missing documents
- Document Rejections
- Conditions of Admissions
- APPLICATION FEE:
- The Application Fee is submitted online at the end of your application.
- Applications are reviewed only after the submission of the Application Fee
Processing time for a Graduate Admissions Application is ~4 to ~16 weeks
DELAYS & MISSING DOCUMENTS
We cannot process applications which are
- NOT hitting the SUBMISSION BUTTON
- MISSING: Tentative Acceptance by an Academic Advisor (STEP: 4)
- MISSING: Qualifying English Language Proficiency Results
- MISSING: Any or all Transcripts:
Photocopies are sufficient for the submission of an application
- MISSING: Transcripts in English
- MISSING: The submission of a Application Fee payment
In some instances there may be a need to DEFER ADMISSIONS (e.g. delays in obtaining a visa). The request to grant a DEFERRED ADMISSIONS must be approved by the Academic Advisor, Department & Faculty of Graduate Studies. Approval of a Deferred Admissions, for whatever reason, is NOT guaranteed and may cause you to
- Loose Funding
- Lose the research opportunity with the Academic Advisor
- Lose Admissions
- Be required to re-apply
- submit another application
- re-submit a Application Fee
- Other previously discussed opportunities, et. al.
- Must pay a "Deferral Fee"
To avoid any problems or difficulties, please discuss any problems or delays regarding admissions with your Academic Advisor as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we may not be able to accommodate a deferral of admissions request and resulting in the decline of your deferral request.
Unfortunately, if you inform us of any delays in admissions AFTER the registration period ("Revision Deadline"), in most cases, you will need to re-apply to the graduate program and re-submit a Application Fee, HOWEVER, this does NOT guarantee that you will be again admitted to the graduate program.
- ADMISSIONS APPLICATION RESULTS are communicated to you through your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT
-- Please monitor your account
- PROCESSING TIME: Depending on the time of year, missing paperwork, incomplete applications, etc. it can take ~4 to ~16 weeks to process an application. We cannot speed-up application processing.
Neither Tentative Approval for admissions by an academic advisor within ECE or the submission of an application and payment of Application Fee guarantees admissions to the Graduate Program. All applications are reviewed by the Department and the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Final approval rests with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
All students are responsible for the content of their Admissions Application and in making sure that the instructions and procedures are followed for the proper submission of an Admissions Application which includes obtaining Tentative Acceptance from a professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering in advance of the submission of an official admissions application.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that he / she holds the current and correct documents required by the IRCC to enroll as a graduate student in Canada. Additionally, International students must conduct themselves in accordance to IRCC rules and regulations.