Distance and Online Education (DE) provides learners throughout Manitoba, Canada, and the world with an opportunity to complete university degree credit courses without attending a scheduled class.
- Learn online anywhere and at anytime
- Convenient and flexible
- Plan your study schedule to your advantage
What motivates students to take Distance and Online Education courses?
Our students have many different circumstances that motivate them to enroll in distance education courses. Students often:
- work in service jobs or work shifts;
- have young families and enjoy the convenience of studying at home;
- are full-time students using distance education courses as a way to flex their schedules;
- live or work at a geographic distance from the UM; or
- continue to study year round in order to more quickly complete their degrees.