|Employment Opportunities (outside University of Manitoba)|
BACKPACKING WITH A PURPOSE
Step outside of the classroom and into the real world for a truly immersive cultural experience.
Operation Groundswell is a non-profit organization that runs international volunteering programs. We are looking for globally conscious and socially active students who want to spend their summer exploring some of the most complex and beautiful countries in the world!
If you're into cultural exchange, fulfilling community service, and off-the-beaten path adventure, apply by our early bird deadline on February 26th!
*Our bursary fund is available for all students on six-week programs. Simply ask us for more information.
Check out where we go:
Six-week summer placements are open in the following countries and regions:
Ghana – Global Health
East Africa – Youth Empowerment or Development
Middle East – Human Rights
Southeast Asia – Conservation or Youth Empowerment
India – Education or Gender Rights
Guatemala – Fair Trade Justice or Peace & Conflict
Peru – Health & Wellness or Environment
Can’t travel in the summer? Join us for our alternative breaks in the spring!
Parliamentary Guide Program
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2015
You too could become a Parliamentary Guide!
Are you Canadian, bilingual and a university student?
If so, apply to join our team of Parliamentary Guides who:
Welcome visitors to the Centre Block and answer their questions;
Interpret Canada's political history and legislative process, the art and architecture of the Parliament buildings, the Peace Tower, the Memorial Chamber and much more;
Adapt the content of the tour to the needs of groups which may include international visitors, dignitaries and schoolchildren.
As a Parliamentary Guide, you can hone your speaking abilities, perfect your second official language and form special friendships with people from coast to coast.
A video about the guide program is available on YouTube!
For more information, please visit the webpage
The Legislative Internship Program
Application Deadline: February 14th, 2015
The Manitoba Legislative Assembly Internship Program is open to six Manitoba Students in a degree program in any discipline at a Manitoba university and to permanent Manitoba residents studying outside the province. Students must have graduated by September, 2015.
The program includes:
- a 10-month Internship from September - June
- Bi-weekly salary of $1,375.35 (before deductions)
- a study tour to Ottawa to meet with some of Canada's prominent leaders
- seminars with Manitoba business, political, and non-profit sector leaders
- an opportunity to produce a public academic paper
- a graduate level course credit is possible
Applications are available from the Dean of Arts and the Department of Political Studies/Sciences offices at Manitoba universities or on the Legislative Assembly website.
Send completed applications to:
Legislative Internship Program
237 Legislative Building Winnipeg MB R3C 0V8
phone: 204.945.3636, Fax: 204.948.2507
Triple A: Accelerated Advancement for Analysts
Finance department recruitment and Develoment program
Associate Analyst #16771
; Finance department, Commissioner's office
Location: Newmarket, Ontario.
Temporary Full-time, 24 months; scheduled weekly hours - 35; Starting Salary $34.27 per hour ($62,371 per year, annualized)
Reporting to the Head, Policy, Planning and Partnerships and under the guidance and direction of senior staff during rotation(s) in various Finance branches/units;
Researching, analysis and other activities that support the fuomulation and delivery of Regional/departmental policy and program initiatives;
develpment and delivery of various departmental/corporate activities and projects, including developing content for, coordination of and presentation at various policy forums;
undertaking various projects and assignments to develop competencies
- Successful completion of a Master's Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Humanitities, or related field and has graduated within the last two years.
- Strong academic performance and demonstrated record of community involvement/leadership.
- Knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, including background in economics and statistics or quantitative/research methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, background materials and presentations for senior management.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills to participate in, lead or support project teams and to manage work processes and systems.
- Strong inter-personal skills to liaise with staff at various levels of the organization.
- proficiency in MS Office osftware applications as well as internet research abilities.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
-Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required
Deadline: January 30th, 2015, quoting cometition #16771.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and copies of academic transcripts. Apply on-line at www.york.ca
More detail information: www.york.ca/career
Institute for Cultural Diplomancy (ICD) Internship Opportunities
(Berlin, Germany; from June 1st, 2014)
The ICD offers internship opportunities to individuals who would like to gain practical experience working for a non-governmental organization in the field of Cultural Diplomacy.
The ICD invites applications from individuals who are coming from the following fields:
• Political Sceince
• Marketing & PR
• Business & Economics
• Journalism & Communication
• Computer Science and Webdesign
• Cinema, Music, Photography and the Arts
• Event Management
We are looking for interns with the following skills:
• Acute writing skills in any of the following languages; English, Spanish and German.
• Experience in writing and creating blogs and perceptive navigation skills on a variety of social media networks.
• High levels of competency with the use of computers and IT (knowledge of graphic design is a bonus).
• Keen photographers.
• Applicants skilled in the art of video editing.
To apply, please click here: http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/index.php?en_internships
The MB4Youth Branch of Manitoba Children and Youth Opportunities is now accepting applications for the 2014-15 Career Focus program.
Additional information and applications are available on-line at http://www.gov.mb.ca/cyo/youth/employers/careerfocus.html.
Please note that applications sent by fax will not be accepted; please send applications to the address indicated on the application form or to: CareerFocus@gov.mb.ca. Deadline for positions beginning in July and August is June 20, 2014 and December 31, 2014 for the fall/winter employment period September 2, 2014 – March 31, 2015.
Jim Hume Student Internships for Summer 2014
The program is open to students and recent graduates of post-secondary institutions and interns will provide research assistance to a variety of public policy projects at the Canada West Foundation, a public policy think tank. The full positng can be viewed here: http://cwf.ca/about-us/student-internship_summer2014
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business Summer Internship
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) has a compelling opportunity for a summer intern in public policy and entrepreneurship in our Winnipeg office. The intern will work closely with CFIB staff to research and report on Manitoba municipal public finance topics, provincial budget data and other important issues to small businesses.
While we will consider applicants until February 28, 2014, applications will be reviewed as they come in. Full details and criteria can be found in the attached job description.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “CFIB Manitoba 2014 Internship” as the subject line.
Here is a CFIB web page about the opportunity: http://www.cfib-fcei.ca/english/article/5858-cfib-recruiting-summer-intern-in-our-winnipeg-office.html
For more detail information, pleases click here.
R2P Scholars Network Junior Fellow Program - Call for Applications
The R2P Scholars Network is currently looking for applications from graduate students who have an interest in or experience studying the Responsibility to Protect principle.
For more information, please click here.
VISITING SCHOLAR POSITION 2014-15
The Appointment and Advisory Committee of the University of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba Joint Global Governance Studies invites applications for the position of the visiting Manitoba Chair of Global Governance Studies for the fall term of 2014 or winter term of 2015. The main responsibilities of the Chair include conducting research in any area of global governance, promoting awareness and understanding of the key developments in the field and reaching out to the communities in Manitoba. The Chair will be expected to present their research and research in progress to community, university and other events. A successful candidate will receive a stipend or honorarium for accommodation and travel expenses, office space, library privileges, email, and access to the academic communities at the University of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba. This is not a salaried position and is intended for scholars on sabbatical, leave, post-doctoral funding or other such circumstances. The successful applicant can discuss the possibilities of teaching a half-course at either the University of Winnipeg or the University of Manitoba in her or his area(s) of expertise.
The University of Winnipeg and the University of Manitoba will not be responsible for visas and health insurance.
We invite applications from scholars who specialize on various aspects of global governance, hold a PhD degree and are at different stages in their careers. The deadline for applications is February 15, 2014.
To apply, please submit a cover letter containing a brief statement of interest including summary of the research project and desired dates of stay, a current C.V., and list of references via email to Peter Ives, Professor and Acting Chair, Political Science Department, University of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; email@example.com.
Cybersecurity Analysts: Government of Canada
Deadline to submit an application: May. 1st, 2015
The Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) has a continuing requirement for Cybersecurity Analysts to fulfil its mandate to provide a federal government with two key services: foreign signals intelligence and protection of electronic information and communication. All positions are located in Ottawa. Some positions my require shift work.
- A background in technology (e.g. university degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent experience)
- An in-depth understanding of cybersecurity issues and fundamental Internet architecture an protocols
- Network security or network analysis skills such as packet, vulnerability or exploit analysis
- Research and report-writing skills
- demonstrated interest in international affairs (international relations, strategic studies, international development, etc.)
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Extensive career development opportunities
- State-of-the-art technology and more!
Conditions of employment:
- Canadian citizenship
- Eligibility for a TOP SECRET security clearance to CSEC standards
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Apply online: http://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/
2013 - 2014 Sheldon Chumir Foundation Internship in Ethics in Leadership
Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
Application are invited from senior university or college students or graduates in any filed relevant to ethics in leadership for an internship with the Sheldon Chumir Foundation for Ethics in Leadership. Interns work with the Foundation on research, program development and implementation, publications, public engagement, and related administrative support.
The stipend for the nine-month period is $37,260
For more details, please click here to see the poster.
Journalism Internship Program (Institute For Humane Studies) is a paid placement (8 weeks) at newspapers, major media networks, online news sites, and investigative, nonprofit newsrooms. Application deadlines are November 15, January 1, and July 1 annually.