|Employment Opportunities (outside University of Manitoba)|
JOB OPPORTUNITIES/ OFFRES D'EMPLOI from IPAC's T.E.N (Talent Employment Network)
1) DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH GRANTS - RYERSON
As Ryerson continues to strengthen our research and innovation mandate, the Office of Vice President, Research and Innovation (OVPRI) plays a key role in meeting this mandate. The OVPRI is instrumental in the rapid growth of research and innovation in the past few years.
Within OVPRI, the Director of Research Grants will provide strategic direction for services provided to the University research community to maximize University participation and success in government and non-government research granting programs. The candidate will participate in strategic planning of Ryerson’s central research support services to facilitate scholarly, research and creative programs and promote and enhance the University’s leadership profile in research and accountability. S/he will participate in ongoing external and internal research and administrative policy and procedure development. The candidate will proactively develop processes to advance Ryerson’s SRC performance and to deliver exceptional service for academic administrators, researchers and divisional administrative staff.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS: http://www.ipac.ca/DirectorofResearch-Ryerson
2) SUPERINTENDENT, LIAISON AND STUDENT SAFETY - MINISTRY OF EDUCATION - VICTORIA
The Ministry of Education provides leadership and funding to the K-12 education system through governance, legislation, policy and standards. The Ministry’s role in helping to meet the purpose of the school system involves co-governing the K-12 education system with boards of education and working closely with a network of partners, including independent school authorities, professional education organizations, public libraries, First Nations representatives, provincial ministries and agencies and the private sector.
The Superintendent brings expertise in education, providing a field-oriented perspective that can support Government’s agenda, the Ministry of Education Mandate and needs of BC School Districts. This position provides strong leadership and support in planning and executing the Ministry’s strategic agenda in alignment with government’s priorities; is integral in supporting the understanding and integration of both ministry and school district needs; and provides the internal and external support necessary to transform British Columbia’s education sector.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS: http://www.ipac.ca/Superintendent-EducationBC
3) REGISTRAR AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER - THE COLLEGE OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS - Ontario
Are you inspired by a future where all members of the early childhood education profession accept responsibility for practice excellence? Can you envision the possibilities for early childhood education and its regulatory environment? Are you a collaborative and tenacious leader who is adept in a complex economic, social and political context? Do you have a track record of success fostering employee commitment, exercising sound judgment and showing consistency between values and your behavior? If this sounds like you, your next career opportunity may be at the College of Early Childhood Educators
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS: http://www.ipac.ca/documents/Registrar-CEO-CECE.pdf
BACKPACKING WITH A PURPOSE
Step outside of the classroom and into the real world for a truly immersive cultural experience.
Operation Groundswell is a non-profit organization that runs international volunteering programs. We are looking for globally conscious and socially active students who want to spend their summer exploring some of the most complex and beautiful countries in the world!
If you're into cultural exchange, fulfilling community service, and off-the-beaten path adventure, apply by our early bird deadline on February 26th!
*Our bursary fund is available for all students on six-week programs. Simply ask us for more information.
Check out where we go:
Six-week summer placements are open in the following countries and regions:
Ghana – Global Health
East Africa – Youth Empowerment or Development
Middle East – Human Rights
Southeast Asia – Conservation or Youth Empowerment
India – Education or Gender Rights
Guatemala – Fair Trade Justice or Peace & Conflict
Peru – Health & Wellness or Environment
Can’t travel in the summer? Join us for our alternative breaks in the spring!
Parliamentary Guide Program
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2015
You too could become a Parliamentary Guide!
Are you Canadian, bilingual and a university student?
If so, apply to join our team of Parliamentary Guides who:
Welcome visitors to the Centre Block and answer their questions;
Interpret Canada's political history and legislative process, the art and architecture of the Parliament buildings, the Peace Tower, the Memorial Chamber and much more;
Adapt the content of the tour to the needs of groups which may include international visitors, dignitaries and schoolchildren.
As a Parliamentary Guide, you can hone your speaking abilities, perfect your second official language and form special friendships with people from coast to coast.
A video about the guide program is available on YouTube!
For more information, please visit the webpage
The Legislative Internship Program
Application Deadline: February 14th, 2015
The Manitoba Legislative Assembly Internship Program is open to six Manitoba Students in a degree program in any discipline at a Manitoba university and to permanent Manitoba residents studying outside the province. Students must have graduated by September, 2015.
The program includes:
- a 10-month Internship from September - June
- Bi-weekly salary of $1,375.35 (before deductions)
- a study tour to Ottawa to meet with some of Canada's prominent leaders
- seminars with Manitoba business, political, and non-profit sector leaders
- an opportunity to produce a public academic paper
- a graduate level course credit is possible
Applications are available from the Dean of Arts and the Department of Political Studies/Sciences offices at Manitoba universities or on the Legislative Assembly website.
Send completed applications to:
Legislative Internship Program
237 Legislative Building Winnipeg MB R3C 0V8
phone: 204.945.3636, Fax: 204.948.2507
Triple A: Accelerated Advancement for Analysts
Finance department recruitment and Develoment program
Associate Analyst #16771
; Finance department, Commissioner's office
Location: Newmarket, Ontario.
Temporary Full-time, 24 months; scheduled weekly hours - 35; Starting Salary $34.27 per hour ($62,371 per year, annualized)
Reporting to the Head, Policy, Planning and Partnerships and under the guidance and direction of senior staff during rotation(s) in various Finance branches/units;
Researching, analysis and other activities that support the fuomulation and delivery of Regional/departmental policy and program initiatives;
develpment and delivery of various departmental/corporate activities and projects, including developing content for, coordination of and presentation at various policy forums;
undertaking various projects and assignments to develop competencies
- Successful completion of a Master's Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Humanitities, or related field and has graduated within the last two years.
- Strong academic performance and demonstrated record of community involvement/leadership.
- Knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, including background in economics and statistics or quantitative/research methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, background materials and presentations for senior management.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills to participate in, lead or support project teams and to manage work processes and systems.
- Strong inter-personal skills to liaise with staff at various levels of the organization.
- proficiency in MS Office osftware applications as well as internet research abilities.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
-Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required
Deadline: January 30th, 2015, quoting cometition #16771.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and copies of academic transcripts. Apply on-line at www.york.ca
More detail information: www.york.ca/career
Institute for Cultural Diplomancy (ICD) Internship Opportunities
(Berlin, Germany; from June 1st, 2014)
The ICD offers internship opportunities to individuals who would like to gain practical experience working for a non-governmental organization in the field of Cultural Diplomacy.
The ICD invites applications from individuals who are coming from the following fields:
• Political Sceince
• Marketing & PR
• Business & Economics
• Journalism & Communication
• Computer Science and Webdesign
• Cinema, Music, Photography and the Arts
• Event Management
We are looking for interns with the following skills:
• Acute writing skills in any of the following languages; English, Spanish and German.
• Experience in writing and creating blogs and perceptive navigation skills on a variety of social media networks.
• High levels of competency with the use of computers and IT (knowledge of graphic design is a bonus).
• Keen photographers.
• Applicants skilled in the art of video editing.
To apply, please click here: http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/index.php?en_internships
The MB4Youth Branch of Manitoba Children and Youth Opportunities is now accepting applications for the 2014-15 Career Focus program.
Additional information and applications are available on-line at http://www.gov.mb.ca/cyo/youth/employers/careerfocus.html.
Please note that applications sent by fax will not be accepted; please send applications to the address indicated on the application form or to: CareerFocus@gov.mb.ca. Deadline for positions beginning in July and August is June 20, 2014 and December 31, 2014 for the fall/winter employment period September 2, 2014 – March 31, 2015.
Jim Hume Student Internships for Summer 2014
The program is open to students and recent graduates of post-secondary institutions and interns will provide research assistance to a variety of public policy projects at the Canada West Foundation, a public policy think tank. The full positng can be viewed here: http://cwf.ca/about-us/student-internship_summer2014
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business Summer Internship
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) has a compelling opportunity for a summer intern in public policy and entrepreneurship in our Winnipeg office. The intern will work closely with CFIB staff to research and report on Manitoba municipal public finance topics, provincial budget data and other important issues to small businesses.
While we will consider applicants until February 28, 2014, applications will be reviewed as they come in. Full details and criteria can be found in the attached job description.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume and writing sample to: email@example.com with “CFIB Manitoba 2014 Internship” as the subject line.
Here is a CFIB web page about the opportunity: http://www.cfib-fcei.ca/english/article/5858-cfib-recruiting-summer-intern-in-our-winnipeg-office.html
For more detail information, pleases click here.
CIC Winnipeg Branch Summer Job
We are currently looking to hire Junior Programs and Research Officer (Service Contract).
Please click here for detailed job description.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send current CV and short letter of motivation to the Canadian International Council Winnipeg: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7, 2015.
Cybersecurity Analysts: Government of Canada
Deadline to submit an application: May. 1st, 2015
The Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) has a continuing requirement for Cybersecurity Analysts to fulfil its mandate to provide a federal government with two key services: foreign signals intelligence and protection of electronic information and communication. All positions are located in Ottawa. Some positions my require shift work.
- A background in technology (e.g. university degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent experience)
- An in-depth understanding of cybersecurity issues and fundamental Internet architecture an protocols
- Network security or network analysis skills such as packet, vulnerability or exploit analysis
- Research and report-writing skills
- demonstrated interest in international affairs (international relations, strategic studies, international development, etc.)
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Extensive career development opportunities
- State-of-the-art technology and more!
Conditions of employment:
- Canadian citizenship
- Eligibility for a TOP SECRET security clearance to CSEC standards
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Apply online: http://www.cse-cst.gc.ca
Journalism Internship Program (Institute For Humane Studies) is a paid placement (8 weeks) at newspapers, major media networks, online news sites, and investigative, nonprofit newsrooms. Application deadlines are November 15, January 1, and July 1 annually.