|Student Employment Opportunities (outside University of Manitoba)|
Summer Job 2014
- Become a Parliamentary Guide
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Give guided tours of the Parliament of Canada.
Interviews across Canada in a city near you.
Travel costs covered.
Competitive hourly wage and living allowance.
UNPPPP Scotiabank Inter-American Sponsorship Professional Placement
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2013
UNA-Canada and Scotiabank recognize the value an international, professional placement with the UN represents as a life-enhancing and career-building opportunity, and have therefore established the UNPPP Scotiabank Inter-American UN Professional Placement – working together to ensure that Canada’s best and brightest have equal access to such unique opportunities.
The sponsorship will assist up to two qualified young Canadians to undertake a six-month UNPPP placement with one of our UN partners in Latin America, the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Lima, Peru and the UN Development Programme (UNDP) in Bogota, Colombia. Placements eligible for the UNPPP Scotiabank Inter-American Sponsorship are listed on our website – to find out more, please see the attached flyer or visit the UNPPP Website for further details. Successful candidates will deploy in early 2014! Application deadline is October 31st, 2013. APPLY today!
The sponsorship will assist up to two qualified young Canadians to undertake a six-month UNPPP placement with one of our UN partners in Latin America, the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Lima, Peru and the UN Development Programme (UNDP) in Bogota, Colombia.
Placements eligible for the UNPPP Scotiabank Inter-American Sponsorship are listed on our website – to find out more, please see the attached flyer or visit the UNPPP Website for further details. Successful candidates will deploy in early 2014! Application deadline is October 31st, 2013. APPLY today!
Jim Hume Memorial Student Internship Progam.
Paid internship runs from May 6th to Aug. 23rd, 2013 and is open to students and recent graduates of Canadian post-secondary institutions.
For more details, visit
Cybersecurity Analysts: Government of Canada
Deadline to submit an application: Dec. 15th, 2013
The Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) has a continuing requirement for Cybersecurity Analysts to fulfil its mandate to provide a federal government with two key services: foreign signals intelligence and protection of electronic information and communication. All positions are located in Ottawa. Some positions my require shift work.
- A background in technology (e.g. university degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent experience)
- An in-depth understanding of cybersecurity issues and fundamental Internet architecture an protocols
- Network security or network analysis skills such as packet, vulnerability or exploit analysis
- Research and report-writing skills
- demonstrated interest in international affairs (international relations, strategic studies, international development, etc.)
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Extensive career development opportunities
- State-of-the-art technology and more!
Conditions of employment:
- Canadian citizenship
- Eligibility for a TOP SECRET security clearance to CSEC standards
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Apply online: http://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/
2013 - 2014 Sheldon Chumir Foundation Internship in Ethics in Leadership
Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
Application are invited from senior university or college students or graduates in any filed relevant to ethics in leadership for an internship with the Sheldon Chumir Foundation for Ethics in Leadership. Interns work with the Foundation on research, program development and implementation, publications, public engagement, and related administrative support.
The stipend for the nine-month period is $37,260
For more details, please click here to see the poster.
The Legislative Internship Program
Application Deadline: February 14th, 2013
The Manitoba Legislative Assembly Internship Program is open to six Manitoba Students in a degree program in any discipline at a Manitoba university and to permanent Manitoba residents studying outside the province. Students must have graduated by September, 2013
The program includes:
- a 10-month Internship from September - June
- Bi-weekly salary of $1,338.35 (before deductions)
- a study tour to Ottawa to meet with some of Canada's prominent leaders
- a study tour to St. Paul Minnesota to explore the American political experience
- seminars with Manitoba business, political, and non-profit sector leaders
-an opportunity to produce a public academic paper
- a graduate level course credit is possible
Applications are available from the Dean of Arts and the Department of Political Studies/Sciences offices at Manitoba universities or on the Legislative Assembly website.
Send completed applications to:
Legislative Internship Program
237 Legislative Building Winnipeg MB R3C 0V8
phone: 204.945.3636, Fax: 204.948.2507
Journalism Internship Program (Institute For Humane Studies) is a paid placement (8 weeks) at newspapers, major media networks, online news sites, and investigative, nonprofit newsrooms. Application deadlines are November 15, January 1, and July 1 annually.