Senior Instructor of German
Office location: 239 St. Paul's College
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL CAREER
- since 1990 Senior Instructor of German, University of Manitoba
- 1979-1990 Instructor of German, University of Manitoba
- 1979-1982 Graduate Studies in the Ph.D.-program in German literature, Queen’s University
- since 1968: teaching of German language at the University of Manitoba
- Acting Head, Department of German and Slavic Studies (2000-2001)
- Dean of St.Paul’s College (1990-1993)
- Rector’s Award for outstanding service in the life of St. Paul’s College
undergraduate classes in German language (all levels)
- "The College Crest" and dedication. St. Paul’s College, 1999.
- Review of The Teaching of German at the University of Manitoba, in: Germanisch-Romanische Monatsschrift 44 N.F. (1994).
- Conference Paper: "Humor in Hoffman's Prinzessin Brambilla," Linguistic Circle, USA, Fargo (1993)
- "The teaching of German at the University of Manitoba," The Ethnic Strain: Place and Vernacular Musings Eds. W. Klooss and H. Zirker. Trier University 1992. 61-69.
- "The pictures in Fontane’s Irrungen und Wirrungen." Seminar 24 (1988): 221-238.
- "Mythical Refections of the East in Hermann Hesse," with B. Schludermann, Mosaic 2/3 (1969).
For more information contact:
Department of German and Slavic Studies
University of Manitoba
239 St. Paul's College
70 Dysart Road
Canada R3T 2M6