Faculty (Alphabetical) --- Faculty (by Research Interest)
Dr. Bill Kerr
Office: 467 University College
Phone: (204) 474-8819
Education: PhD (University of Alberta), MA (University of Alberta), BA (University of Saskatchewan)
- Irish Drama
- Political Theatre
- Advanced Directing
- Text and Performance (Advanced Acting)
- Introduction to Theatre
- Theory of Drama and Performance
- Dramatic Analysis
Areas of Specialization:
Directing; acting; dramaturgy; dramatic literature; Irish literature; post–colonial literature; play analysis; acting theory; performance theory; Greek theatre; theatre history; speculative fiction
Other Interests / Recent Undertakings:
- Directed Ah, Wilderness! for the Black Hole Theatre Company (and The Communication Cord and co–directed Caucasian Chalk Circle).
- Directed Ashes to Ashes for The Toothsome Breed Theatre Company.
- Upcoming directing projects include David Mamet’s Romance for the Black Hole Theatre Company and “Squirrels” and Other Delicious Nuts: Short Works by David Mamet for The Incompletely Strangled Theatre Company, both at MTC’s MametFest.
- Delivering a paper entitled “Phenomen(ologic)al Puppetry: Ronnie Burkett’s Marionette&rsquou;s of Cruelty” at WestWords Theatre Conference May 24–6, 2007.
- Member of Board: Prairie Theatre Exchange
- Recently Member of Board: Crescentwood Community Centre
- Member of the Association for Canadian Theatre Research (ACTR/ARTC)