PhD (University of Toronto)
Phone: (204) 474-9493
Fax: (204) 474-7681
Department of Economics
University of Manitoba
512 Fletcher Argue Building
15 Chancellors Circle
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 5V5
Fields of Specialization
- Development Economics
- International Finance
- Political Economy
Books and Book Chapters
- Aid and Debt: The African Experience, Chapter 28 in Binns, Lynch and Nel (eds.) Handbook of African Development: Routledge (2018).
- Aid and Reverse Flows: A Global Analysis (with Anupam Das). Chapter 5 of Mak Arvin (ed.) Handbook of Foreign Aid, Edward Elgar (2014).
- Productive Integration of LDCs in Regional Supply Chains: The Case of South Asia. Chapter 11 of N. A. Razzaque and Y. Basnett (eds.) Regional Integration in South Asia: Trends, Challenges and Prospects, The Commonwealth Secretariat (2014).
- Managing the Exchange Rate Consequences of an MDG-Related Scale-Up in HIV/AIDS Financing, in Terry McKinley ed. Economic Alternatives for Growth and Poverty Reduction: Progressive Policy Recommendations for Developing Countries. London: Palgrave Macmillan (2009).
- World Economic Growth and Income Distribution, 1980-2000 (with Albert Berry) in Jomo K. Sundaram and Jacques Baudot eds. Flat World, Big Gaps: Economic Liberalization, Globalization, Poverty and Inequality. New York: United Nations Economic and Social Affairs (2006).
- Uptake of Voluntary Health Insurance and Its Impact on Health Care Utilization in Ghana, (with Musah Khalid), Health Policy and Planning, 33(7) (2018).
- Education and the Sustainability of Immigrant Health: Canadian Evidence, (with Murshed Chowdhury). Canadian Public Policy, 44(3) (2018).
- The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on HIV and AIDS Programs directed at Pregnant Women and Children in Zambia. John Serieux, Ardeshir Sepheri, Mwansa Njelesani, Abson Chombolola and Harminder Guliani. African Journal of AIDS Research 14(2), 95-106 (2015)
- The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on HIV and AIDS Programs in a High Prevalence Country: The Case of Malawi, World Development, 40(3): 501-515 (March 2012).
- Aid and resource mobilization in Sub-Saharan Africa: the role of reverse flows (2011), Journal of Development Studies, 47(7): 1080-1107 (July, 2011).
- Partial Dollarization, Exchange Rates and Firm Investment in Paraguay, The Developing Economies, 47(1), (March, 2009).