M.A., 2009, Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, University of Iowa, USA
M.A., 2005, Chinese Literature and Linguistics, Wuhan University, China
B.A., 2002, Humanistic Studies Experimental Class (Chinese), Wuhan University, China
Research and Teaching Interests:
Instructional theories in teaching Chinese as a foreign Language with focus on classroom learning and teaching psychology and methodology.
Multimedia-mediated instruction and pedagogical technologies.
Photo courtesy of Shu Zhu
Asian Studies Centre
357 University College
220 Dysart Road
University of Manitoba
Canada R3T 2M8
Tel (204) 474-7047
Fax (204) 474-7591
1. Instructional theories in teaching Chinese as a foreign Language with focus on classroom learning and teaching psychology and methodology
2. Application of multimedia-mediated instruction and pedagogical technologies
ASIA 1760: Introduction to Chinese (Mandarin)
ASIA 2760: Intermediate Chinese (Mandarin)
ASIA 3760: Advanced Chinese (Mandarin)
ASIA 1760: Introduction to Chinese (Mandarin), Summer Session
1. Helen H. Shen, Chen-hui Tsai, Lisha Xu, and Shu Zhu, Teaching Chinese as a Second Language: Vocabulary Instruction Methods, Peking University Press, to appear.
2. Liangming Liu, Xiaolian Li, and Shu Zhu, The Genres of Criticism Theories on Chinese Modern Fictions, Wuhan University Press, 2003.
1. Shu Zhu, Humanistic Concern: An Analysis about The Relationship between Wang Guowei’s Literature Theories and Chinese Modern Humanities, Wuhan University Journal (Social Science) 3-2, 2003.