Through the generosity of Elsie Maud Webb, an award is being made available to support graduate studies in the Faculty of Arts.
A scholarship with a maximum value of $5,000 will be given out annually to a graduate student who:
- has completed a Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Manitoba;
- is enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, in the first year of a Masters program delivered by a department in the Faculty of Arts;
- has achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.5 based on the last 60 credit hours of study;
- has volunteered within and outside their role as a student; and
- has demonstrated strong leadership abilities.
Selection of the award recipients will be made by a committee convened by an Associate Dean in the Faculty of Arts. Procedure
Applicants must submit a completed application form with all of the attachments listed below, by the required deadline, to the Associate Dean in the Faculty of Arts, C/O 307 Fletcher Argue:
- certified true copy of current academic transcript(s);
- a statement (maximum 500 words) describing volunteer activities and demonstrated leadership abilities; and
- two letters of support – one of the letters must be from a professor at the University of Manitoba (the letters should address the applicant’s integrity of character, inquisitive nature, and leadership abilities).