Program of Study (under review)
Each student will be required to take a minimum of 12 credit hours of 700 level courses. Students should complete their course work by the end of their first year. All students will complete a Comprehensive Research Paper and a Comprehensive Design and Planning Theory Project by the end of their second year.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Each student is responsible for ensuring that they have approval for and have registered in the courses appropriate for their area of study, as determined in consultation with their Advisor and their Advisory Committee.
Coursework: Coursework is subject to the following regulations:
- Each student will be required to take a minimum of 12 credit hours of 700 level courses of which 6 credit hours must include Advanced Theory of Design and Planning (3) and Advanced Research Methods in Design and Planning (3).
- All candidates will complete a Comprehensive Research Paper, and a Comprehensive Design and Planning Theory Project.
- A minimum of 6 credit hours of coursework at the 700 level must be in the student’s program area and must include the program core coursework appropriate to the student’s program area. The program area coursework is specific to the individual student and is defined by the Advisory Committee;
- Where necessary, the student may be required to complete additional background coursework as identified by the Advisory Committee.
- On the recommendation of the Advisory Committee and with the approval of the Doctoral Studies Committee, a maximum of 3 credit hours may be transferred into the program from other approved institutions.