(Approved Faculty Council December 16, 2004)
The Faculty of Architecture aspires to offer widely recognised and highly valued design and planning undergraduate and graduate programs that promote a respectful, collegial, interdisciplinary culture of teaching, scholarship and service within the University and beyond.
We aspire to provide exceptional teaching, scholarship and community service in architecture, city planning, environmental design, interior design, landscape architecture and emerging areas of design education
- The Faculty believes the disciplines and programs represented in the
Faculty of Architecture are autonomous, complementary, equal and
- The Faculty supports innovation and rigour in knowledge creation and
creative problem solving in an intellectually and culturally diverse
- The Faculty promotes collegiality, creativity, and
interdisciplinarity in advancing the planning, design and management of
the built and natural environments.
- The Faculty encourages advancement and improvement in the culture of
planning and design through collaboration internally and externally.
- The Faculty champions an evolving, vibrant curriculum that is regularly evaluated and widely discussed.
- The Faculty offers locally, nationally and globally recognised
programs which attract high quality students, expertise and funding.
- The Faculty promotes freedom of expression, open discourse and accountability among its members.
- The Faculty affirms an equitable assignment of teaching, scholarship
and service that respects individual skills, interests and collective
- The Faculty encourages and recognises contributions from
partnerships with the professions and community in the development and
dissemination of knowledge.
- The Faculty fosters the development of an ethical and professional environment.