Come by the Architecture2 Gallery
to enjoy coffee and Oh Doughnuts
and to learn more about the ambitious project to create an architectural policy for Canada, and how the Canadian Architecture Forums on Education (CAFÉ
) series is seeking out and including the student perspective for this initiative.
Your voice matters! Student participation will help shape the priorities and vision of an architecture policy for Canada, and influence national discussions about how to create a more sustainable, equitable and engaging built environment!
In conjunction with the CAFÉ Prairie
event in the Faculty of Architecture, Centre Space on Friday, February 28, 2020 - CAFÉ CAFÉ will serve up:
• a gallery of images from parallel CAFÉs at Dalhousie University, Université de Montréal, Ryerson University / Sidewalk Labs, and the University of Calgary;
• existing architecture policies and strategies from around the world;
• the precedent of an evolving Québec Architecture Strategy;
• Canadian resources and related initiatives, including Rise for Architecture
• a selection of Indigenous design and planning strategies in Canada and elsewhere;
• manifestos from architecture students across Canada;
• interactive stations for preparing manifestos and responding to questionnaires;
• overviews of the CAFÉ themes: Place, People, Prosperity & Potential;
• space for casual exchange about these issues and the future of architecture.
Curated by Lisa Landrum, with valuable assistance from M.Arch students Jessica Piper and Tia Watson, and the A2G student team: Chelsea Colburn, Teresa Lyons and Emma Onchulenko.
Supported by the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
photo: New Copper Photography / Jenn Yablonowski