COVER ARCHITECTURE COLLABORATIVE INC., NELSON, BC
Architect / Intern Architect
Who we are
Cover Architecture is a growing architect firm, located in beautiful Nelson, BC. We work across a broad range of scales and typologies, including: health care, residential, commercial, institutional and industrial. Cover Architecture is a leader in the application of the PassiveHouse low energy building standard, as well as the new Province of BC Energy Step-Code.
For more information visit: www.coverac.ca
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Principals and staff with all phases and levels of variously scaled projects from inception to completion.
- Develop and help manage client and contractor relationships.
- Assist Principal with proposals, fee letters and requests for services.
- Compile and manage all technical drawing sets for complete permit submission.
- Must be registered with the AIBC, or be eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in: AutoCAD, InDesign, SketchUp, Revit
- Good graphic skills and keen design sensibility
- Highly organized and motivated individual who thrives in a team atmosphere
- High attention to detail
For more information call 250-354-4445 ext. 5
Or please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interest shown in the position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posted on December 10, 2018
StorefrontMB is looking for someone creative, self-motivated, and passionate about promoting urbanism and celebrating design.
Responsibilities include website and social media development and maintenance, graphic design, and management of SfMB programs and events. Preference will be given to individuals with familiarity with local design culture. A driver’s license and access to a vehicle are considered an asset.
To apply, send your cover letter, CV, and a portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted on December 4, 2018
BLUE MOON FURNITURE
Design Focused Occasional/Project Position
- Knowledge of products and design
- Enthusiastic about products
- Ability to work to create floor plans, colour palettes and put together complementary groups
of furniture and decor
- Ability to listen to requirements and find suitable solutions
- communicate in person, on the phone, by email and social media platforms
- General computer skills required
- Create digital floor plans
- Ability to create digital images of products a bonus
- Knowledge of photoshop
- Correspond by email
- Create marketing emails a bonus
- Perfect communication skills
Interested candidates should contact: email@example.com
Posted on November 13, 2018
NEJMARK ARCHITECT / RETAIL HOSPITALITY DESIGN
Architects, Architectural Interns & Interior Designers
We are looking for architects, architectural interns and interior designers for exciting and challenging career opportunities.
We . . .
Are an established architectural firm and affiliated interior design group with work across Western Canada
Have an extensive 30 year firm history including primarily commercial projects and a variety of other project types
Provide support for self development to achieve the highest level of quality work
Learn from each other and invest in the growth of each person
Have a collaborative approach that allows individuals to contribute based on their own strengths
Offer excellent experience and learning opportunities
. . . and what We offer
Exceptional range of experience on projects from design to technical construction detailing to contract administration
Support, teaching and shared knowledge from our most experienced people and principals at every stage of project development
Learning environment for you to grow and develop as a consummate professional
Opportunity to be your best and develop into a senior position in our office
You . . .
Are ambitious to learn in a collaborative and dynamic architectural practice
Have initiative to develop as a professional
Have a high level of self motivation
Take on challenges with enthusiasm and determination to get results
Thrive in a team oriented environment
. . . and what You will do
Help to develop a project from start to finish
Be responsible for high quality work
Work under the direction of senior management and one of our principals to gain experience towards your professional registration if you’re an architectural intern
If you want to be part of an encouraging and supportive team of dedicated professionals, we welcome your application.
Registered with the MAA or the ability to be registered with the MAA If an architectural intern
Interior design graduate
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please submit resume in confidence to:
Nejmark Architect/ Retail Hospitality Design
2-54 Adelaide Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 0V7
(t) 204.947.3775 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on November 5, 2018
24 / 7 INTOUCH
Project Design Coordinator
About the Job
We are changing the way people think about customer service, and we need your help!
Are you someone who likes to make things happen? We are seeking a Project Design Coordinator to be the ultimate organizer, supporting and managing initiatives with corporate expansion, new client onboarding and campus renovations. We’re looking for a multitasking mindset and a passion to meet the needs of our clients.
As Project Design Coordinator, You Will…
• Work with clients to develop floor plans with color palettes, furniture and decor
• Present client-specific concept drawings and design ideas, defining clear project scopes
• Design new campus layouts
• Manage feasibility, cost benefits and quality assurance
• Prepare and manage status reporting
• Communicate with both internal and external team members in-person, on the phone
and via email
• Perform other project administrative duties as required
As a Project Design Coordinator, You Have...
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in Architecture and/or Interior Design
• Experience in vendor selection (BONUS if you have 3+ experience in the BPO space,
construction industry or in a project management role)
• Strong design and graphic communication skills with working knowledge of Photoshop,
Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & AutoCad
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Excellent project management skills, handling multiple concurrent projects
• The ability to work effectively with multiple teams
• A commitment to outstanding customer service
• A self-motivated, creative and efficient personality
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to perform responsibilities with a high level of
integrity and tact
Interested candidates should contact: Jillian Robertson
Posted on October 22, 2018
Architectural Graduate / Intern Designer
Roles + Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who:
• has a healthy appetite for design, complemented by a commitment to detail, excellence
• has a self-driven and positive attitude,
• contributes positively to the office culture and atmosphere,
• has an inquisitive and curious nature,
• is committed to learning and growing both in the office and outside the office, and
• demonstrates highly-developed personal organizational skills.
The successful applicant will participate in all phases of project work, including conceptual/schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction contract administration -- including producing models, renderings and other materials required to explore and communicate design solutions. Other tasks may include general office administration and/or preparation of promotional materials.
Qualifications + Skills
Ideal candidates should have a post-secondary degree in architecture and demonstrate proficiency at the following:
• oral and written communication skills
• conceptual/schematic design
• physical model building
• 3D model building (with SketchUp and/or Rhino)
• rendering (with V-Ray) for architectural visualization
• Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
• 2+ years experience with Revit in an office environment
The following skills would be beneficial, but are not necessarily required:
• experience in wood frame and residential construction
• familiarity with local codes and building practices
MIZA Architects is a proponent of the AIBC’s “Intern Friendly Firm” initiative, and preference may be given to individuals currently registered, or intending to register, as an Intern Architect with the AIBC. Intern Architects must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
Please send Cover Letter, CV and Portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com (maximum 15MB email attachment).
No phone calls please.
MIZA Architects is an ambitious, design-driven and detail-oriented architecture office based in Vancouver. To learn more about us and our work, please visit our website at mizaarchitects.com
Posted on October 19, 2018
OTTO CHENG ARCHITECT INC.
Otto Cheng Architect Inc. is currently seeking motivated and passionate individual to join our team for the position of ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER. We are an established architectural firm serving a number of established clients and developers. We have a stable and consistent workload involving a wide range of projects in commercial, multiple residential, private residential, institution, hotels, and restaurants. Opportunity is available for a capable individual to gain practical experience and to participate in project design, design development, working drawings, field review services and the day to day general
• Graduate of Bachelor of Environmental Design (B.Env.D) or newly graduate of
Master of Architecture (M.Arch);
• Have work experience in architectural office an asset;
• Fluency with AutoCAD, SketchUp and Photoshop;
• To provide support to our team to deliver project documentations through
all project phases;
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and work independently;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Passion for design excellence;
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit your CV and samples of your work (max. 5MB in PDF) via email to:
Otto Cheng, M.Arch, MRAIC, MAA, Principal
We thank all applicants. Only qualified candidates will be notified for an in-person interview. Candidates will be expected to show samples of work at the time of interview. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Posted on October 17, 2018
University of Manitoba Career Services
If you would like to post an employment opportunity for Faculty of Architecture students or recent grads please email information to:
Please include description of position, contact information and "post until" or closing date (in the email, doc or pdf).