Terms of Reference
Number TEN Architectural Group has established an endowment fund at the University of Manitoba. The purpose of the fund is to recognize and encourage Architecture students whose studies have a Northern Canada and/or Indigenous focus.
The available annual income from the fund will be used to offer one scholarship to a graduate student who:
(1) is enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, in the Master of Architecture program offered through the Faculty of Architecture;
(2) has achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5 based on the previous 60 credit hours (or equivalent) of study;
(3) is developing a research project, studio project, or thesis project focused on issues relevant to Northern Canada and/or Indigenous culture(s).
If there are no graduate students who have met the above criteria, the scholarship will be offered to an undergraduate student who:
(1) is enrolled full-time (minimum 80% course load) in the third or fourth year of study in the Architecture Option in the Bachelor of Environmental Design program offered through the Faculty of Architecture;
(2) has achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.5;
(3) has a research project or a studio project focused on issues relevant to Northern Canada and/or Indigenous culture.
To demonstrate how they have met criterion (3), all applicants are required to submit a concise statement (maximum 250 words) describing how their project intersects with issues facing Northern Canada and/or Indigenous culture(s).
Students will be eligible to receive this scholarship more than once, provided that they continue to meet the criteria outlined above.
*The value of the award may be divided between multiple applicants.
Download Application Form
Application Deadline: January 13, 2020 4:00 pm
Applications should be submitted to:
Room 212, John A. Russell Building
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STUDENT NUMBER AND DEGREE PROGRAM.
Don’t forget to Thank your Donor.