A fund has been established by Mrs. Donald L. Dunklee in memory of her husband, Professor Donald L. Dunklee, who taught Interior Design in the Faculty of Architecture at The University of Manitoba for almost 25 years. His contributions to the pursuit of excellence in the study of the art and science of design and the students quality of educational experiences are remembered by many. Professor Dunklee especially showed great generosity to students who relocated from all across North America to attend the Faculty of Architecture at The University of Manitoba.
The award will be valued at $1,500 initially, and will be offered to a student who:
• is a resident of Canada or the United States
• is enrolled as a full-time graduate student in the Master of Interior Design program
• has achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2 (or equivalent) on the most recent 30 credit hours completed in the Pre-Master’s or Master’s One Program in the Faculty of Architecture
• is collegial, shows promise of continuing to do outstanding work in the Interior Design Program and has a record of participation in student activities (examples – student government, faculty committees, events, and activities, and mentoring / advising)
• has demonstrated financial need on the standard University of Manitoba bursary application form
Preference shall be given to students whose permanent residence is outside greater Winnipeg.
The presence of good character will be supported with the submission of two letters of reference, one from an academic member of the Faculty of Architecture, one from a current or former employer with whom they were employed for a minimum period of six months, and/or one from a former teacher. The applicant must also include a brief personal statement of goals and objectives in the study of Architecture. In the case that no applicant meets the above criteria, no award will be offered in that year.
*The value of the award may be divided between multiple applicants.
Application Deadline: October 5, 2020 4:00 pm
Applications should be submitted to:
Room 212, John A. Russell Building
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STUDENT NUMBER AND DEGREE PROGRAM.
Don't forget to Thank your Donor.