A fund has been established by Mrs. Donald L. Dunklee in memory of her husband, Professor Donald L. Dunklee, who taught Interior Design in the Faculty of Architecture at The University of Manitoba for almost 25 years. His contributions to the pursuit of excellence in the study of the art and science of design and the student’s quality of educational experiences are remembered by many. Professor Dunklee especially showed great generosity to students who relocated from all across North America to attend the Faculty of Architecture at The University of Manitoba.
The award will be offered to a student who:
• is a resident of Canada or the United States
• is enrolled as a full-time graduate student in the second year of the Masters program in the Department of Architecture
• has achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2 (or equivalent) on all courses completed in an undergraduate programme with a focus in architecture
• is of good character and has enriched the life of the Faculty of Architecture and the community of the University of Manitoba through leadership and participation (examples: student government, faculty committees, events, and activities, and mentoring/
• has demonstrated financial need on the standard University of Manitoba bursary application form
Preference in selection shall be given to students whose “permanent residence” is outside greater Winnipeg. Faculty and University involvement will be outlined by the applicant via an additional application form attached to the bursary application. The presence of good character will be supported with the submission of three letters of reference, one from a long-time adult personal friend, one from an employer of longer than six months, and one from an academic member of the Faculty of Architecture (none of whom can be a relative of the applicant). The applicant must also include a brief personal statement of goals and objectives in the study of Architecture.
In the case that no applicant meets the above criteria, no award will be offered in that year.
*The value of the award may be divided between multiple applicants.
Application Deadline: October 7, 2019 4:00 pm
Applications should be submitted to:
Room 212, John A. Russell Building
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STUDENT NUMBER AND DEGREE PROGRAM.
Don't forget to Thank your Donor.