The Farm and Food Discovery Centre hosts a variety of family friendly summer programming. 2017 Summer events are held on select Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on a drop in basis.
- Saturday, July 8 - Ice Cream Party: Come join us at the Discovery Centre and make some homemade ice cream. A cold treat to enjoy on a hot summer's day!
- Saturday, July 15 - Insect Investigation: Learn about the bugs that are all around us and then wander outside to catch insects buzzing around the Discovery Centre
- Saturday, July 22 - Dairy Day: Explore the dairy barn and learn about how we get milk to make cheese and yogurt. Finish by helping make some fresh ice cream
- Saturday, July 29 - Canola Crush: Tour the Discovery Centre and learn how to crush canola seeds to make canola oil
- Saturday, August 12 - Ice Cream Party: Come join us at the Discovery Centre and make some homemade ice cream. a cold treat to enjoy on a hot summer's day!
- Saturday, August 19 - Pizza Party: Mix, knead and roll out your own pizza crust before topping it with some delicious, local ingredients.
- Sunday, September 17 - Open Farm Day: Come to our farm to enjoy activities such as dairy barn tours, touring the Discovery Centre, and ice cream making FREE OF CHARGE!
- Saturday, October 28 - Pumpkin Carving Party: BYOP (bring your own pumpkin), do all the carving in the Discovery Centre and leave the mess for us to clean!
Cost: $5.00 per person over 5 years old
For more information, please contact our Discovery Centre Coordinator at (204) 883-2524 or ffdc@umanitoba