- Stienstra, D. Disability Rights. About Canada series. Fernwood Publishing. (forthcoming April 2012).
- Stienstra, D., C. Watters, H. Grant, H. Huang and L. Troschuk. Women with Disabilities: Accessing Trade. Ottawa: Status of Women Canada, 2004. Also translated into French. http://publications.gc.ca/pub?id=258150&sl=0
- Sjolander, C.T., H. Smith and D. Stienstra eds. Feminist Perspectives on Canadian Foreign Policy, Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Stienstra, D. and A. Wight-Felske, Eds. Making Equality: History of Advocacy and People with Disabilities in Canada. Captus Press, 2003.
- Stienstra, D. and B. Roberts, Strategies for the Year 2000: A Woman’s Handbook, Halifax: Fernwood Publishing, 1995.
- Stienstra, D., Women's Movements and International Organizations. Basingstoke: Macmillan, 1994.
- Stienstra, D., A. D’Aubin and J. Derksen. “Heightened vulnerabilities and better care for all: Disability and end-of-life care” Journal of Palliative and Supportive Care. 10,1 (Feb. 2012).
- Stienstra, D., and H.M. Chochinov. “Palliative care for vulnerable populations” Journal of Palliative and Supportive Care. 10,1 (Feb. 2012).
- Chochinov, H.M., and D. Stienstra. “Vulnerability and Palliative Care: Guest editorial” Journal of Palliative and Supportive Care. 10,1 (Feb. 2012).
- Stienstra, D., and T. Ashcroft. “Voyaging on the Seas of Spirit: An ongoing journey to understand disability and humanity” Disability and Society 25, 2 (March 2010), 191-203.
- Stienstra, D., “Globalization” Encyclopedia of American Disability History, S. Burch, Ed. Facts on File, 2009.
- Stienstra, D., J. Watzke and G. Birch. “A three-way dance: The global public good and accessibility in information technologies” The Information Society 23, 3 (2007): 149-58.
- Annable, G., G. Goggin and D. Stienstra. Special Issue, Guest Editors. “Accessibility, Disability and Inclusion in Information Technologies: Introduction” The Information Society 23, 3 (2007):145-7.
- Stienstra, D., and H.M. Chochinov. “Vulnerability, Disability and Palliative End of Life Care” Journal of Palliative Care 22,3 (Autumn 2006): 166-74.
- Chochinov, H.M., and D. Stienstra. “Guest Editorial: Disability, Vulnerability and Palliative Care” Journal of Palliative Care 22,3 (Autumn 2006): 149-50.
- Stienstra, D. and R. Wiebe. “Finding our way home: Home and end of life transitions for people with disabilities” Canadian Journal of Urban Research/Revue canadienne de recherche urbaine 15,1 (Summer 2006): 19-35.
- Stienstra, D., “The Critical Space Between: Access, Inclusion and Standards in Information Technologies” Information, Communication and Society (June 2006): 333-52.
- Stienstra, D., and L. Troschuk. “Engaging Citizens with Disabilities in eDemocracy” Disability Studies Quarterly 25,2 (Spring 2005). URL: http://www.dsq-sds.org/
Back to Faculty and Staff Listing
- Stienstra, D. “Factsheet: Women and Economic Restructuring” 2010. Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women (CRIAW). Reprinted in M. Hobbs and C. Rice, eds. Gender Matters: Canadian Women’s Studies in a Global Context. Canadian Scholar’s Press, Inc. forthcoming 2012.
- Stienstra, D. “Race/ethnicity and disability studies: Towards an explicitly intersectional approach” in Routledge Handbook of Disability Studies. Eds. Nick Watson and Alan Roulstone and Carol Thomas, forthcoming 2012.
- Stienstra, D. “Experiences with disability in a time of employment equity” in Understudy: Equity In The Academy Ed. Malinda S. Smith, forthcoming
- Stienstra, D. “Swimming Upstream: Accessibility and Telecommunications Policy” in The Internet Tree: The State of Telecom Policy in Canada 3.0 Eds. Marita Moll and Leslie Regan Shade, Ottawa: Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, 2011, pp. 153-62.
- Stienstra, D. and A. D’Aubin, “People with Disabilities and Political Participation” in M.A. McColl and L. Jongbloed, eds. Disability and Social Policy, 2nd edition, Captus Press, 2006, pp. 213-32.