The University of Manitoba has embarked on a journey to refresh our Aurora Banner experience and develop a new foundation that will support new capabilities for automation, usability, mobility and integration.
The Banner Enhancement Program will modernize the system over a period of four years. The first stage of the Program started in October 2017 and has a target completion date for December 2018. In stage one, Aurora Banner 8 INB will be upgraded to Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms (Student and Finance).
Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms delivers a number of important enhancements, including:
• A new look and feel that modernizes the user experience
• Greater flexibility to run Banner on any browser or mobile device
• A simplified upgrade process
• A solid foundation to deliver additional capabilities
As well, a number of technical and mandatory compliance factors are prompting this refresh, including:
• The end of support for Aurora Banner 8 INB as of December 2018
• New regulatory updates will no longer be issued for Aurora Banner 8
• Enhanced Data Security options with Banner 9
Please note that Aurora Self-Serve (SSB) will not be affected at this time, but will be upgraded in the next stage.
What this means to you:
If you use Aurora Banner today to create, query or update any type of transactions, such as journal entries or students’ records, Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms will modernize how information is displayed and how you navigate Aurora Banner.
Training and support will be available to you as we move forward with this initiative.
Updated 7 Dec 17