The University of Manitoba has embarked on a journey to refresh our Aurora Banner experience and develop a new foundation that will support new capabilities for automation, usability, mobility and integration.
The Banner Enhancement Program will modernize the system over a period of four years. The first stage of the Program started in October 2017 and has a target completion date for December 2018. In stage one, Aurora Banner 8 INB will be upgraded to Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms (Student and Finance).
Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms delivers a number of important enhancements, including:
• A new look and feel that modernizes the user experience
• Greater flexibility to run Banner on any browser or mobile device
• A simplified upgrade process
• A solid foundation to deliver additional capabilities
As well, a number of technical and mandatory compliance factors are prompting this refresh, including:
• The end of support for Aurora Banner 8 INB as of December 2018
• New regulatory updates will no longer be issued for Aurora Banner 8
• Enhanced Data Security options with Banner 9
Please note that Aurora Self-Serve (SSB) will not be affected at this time, but will be upgraded in the next stage.
What this means to you:
If you use Aurora Banner today to create, query or update any type of transactions, such as journal entries or students’ records, Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms will modernize how information is displayed and how you navigate Aurora Banner.
Training and support will be available to you as we move forward with this initiative.
Program updates will be listed on this webpage. If you would like to provide feedback to the Program team or have any questions, please contact: Banner9@umanitoba.ca.
Updated Feb 2, 2018