If you would like to upgrade your mobile device, follow these instructions:
2. The IST Telecommunications Office will determine if you are eligible within your existing Rogers contract to upgrade your device at this time.
3. iPhone, Samsung and Blackberry device pricings are at this form link. (NOTE: Prices and models are subject to change)
4. Complete this form in full including preferred data plan and additional services ie. voicemail, color, memory size, long distance plan, picture messaging etc.
5. Return the completed form to email@example.com who will process the request for you.
6. Most often the device will be delivered to the department but in some cases it will be delivered to the IST Telecommunications Office at 138 Machray Hall and you will be notified to pick up the device at that location.
7. On most upgraded devices, the SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card will need to be swapped out. The SIM card is not changed until you have your new device in hand as it will immediately suspend service to the old device.
8. The Telecommunications Office will contact Rogers to move your mobile phone number to the new device and request activation once you confirm you are ready to have the SIM card swapped.
9. To set up email and calendar on your device, contact your IT support person or phone the Help & Solutions Centre at (204) 474 8400. The voice and phone function will be activated upon receipt of the device.
10. The Rogers dealer will email the contract and invoice for any accessories directly to the IST Telecommunications Office who will forward to the department. The department is responsible for payment of accessories ordered. If no accessories are ordered, then email is for the department's records only and no action is required by the department.
On an upgrade, the actual cost of the hardware will be included on any accessories ordered.
11. It is the departments responsibility to contact the Rogers dealer with their Visa number to pay for any accessories ordered.
12. Once the payment is processed, Rogers will email a copy of the paid Visa slip directly to the Visa cardholder.
13. Monthly invoices are sent directly to, and paid by the IST Telecommunications Office. The office will charge the amount back to the appropriate department on their FOAP.
14. The Telecommunications Office reviews invoices for accuracy and brings any billing issues to the attention of the user or the vendor.
15. A file copy of the Rogers monthly invoice is sent by email to each department contact (designated on the request form).
16. These charges will be reflected on the monthly telephone invoice sent by email to the person listed on the FOAP.
123 Fletcher Argue
Mon - Fri: 8am to 8pm
230 Neil John Maclean Library
Mon - Fri: 8am to 4:30pm