Key Features and Benefits
Visitors to the University of Manitoba may connect to the campus wireless network by using one of the two available options.
- ‘uofm-guest’ is an open wireless network offering 60 minutes of wireless access
- eduroam’ is a secure roaming wireless access available to visitors from participating educational institutions. eduroam’ is developed for the international research and education community; Find all participating institutions by visiting eduroam (Canada) and eduroam (Global)
To access ‘uofm-guest’ Wi-Fi:
- Ensure your wireless card is active and connected to the “uofm-guest” network.
- Open your web browser (e.g.: Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)
- Browsing to any website should redirect you to the Acceptable Use Agreement page.
- Review the Acceptable Use Agreement for the unsecured wireless.
- Select “I Agree”
To access ‘eduroam’:
- Ensure your wireless is active
- Select eduroam from the available Wi-Fi networks
- Next enter your home institution’s login credentials to connect to the network
The home institution provides technical support for eduroam. Visiting guests should contact their home institution for technical assistance.