Note: The owner of the account must give you full permissions to the mailbox before you can send mail from the shared mailbox. An owner can give a user full permissions to the account by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In order to send e-mail from a shared mailbox in Outlook 2007, you must add the mailbox first to the Outlook folder list. For information on how to add the shared mailbox, see Accessing a Shared Mailbox (Formerly Generic Account) in Outlook 2007 Exchange Mail (Faculty/Staff).
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007. Log into your Exchange account using your full e-mail address and Directory password.
2. In the Mail section of Outlook, click the New button to compose a new message.
3. Click on the Options tab and then click Show From.
4. Enter the name of the Shared Mailbox in the From… field.
5. Fill in the names of the recipients in the To… and CC… fields. Compose your message and press Send.