1. Open Outlook 2011 for the Macintosh and log into your Exchange account.
2. Click on the Calendar button on the lower left corner of the Outlook window.
3. On the Menubar, click Tools then Accounts.
4. The Accounts window opens, click the Advanced button and click on the Delegates tab.
5. In the Delegates who can act of my behalf field click the plus (+) sign.
6. In the Select User window, enter the name of the person you wish to add as a Delegate and click Find.
7. The person will appear in the field listing below. Click to select the proper name and then click OK.
8. The Permissions window will appear. By the Calendar entry, click the down arrow and select the permissions you wish to grant.
9. You will see two checkboxes at the bottom of this window. It is recommended you click the first box, Send permissions summary, so the person becoming a delegate can better understand their responsibilities. It is not recommended that you click on the Delegate can see my private items, unless you wish to give total access of your calendar to your Delegate.
Exchange Access Rights Explained
Exchange offers you the ability to give others varying levels of access rights. The levels of permission that a delegate can be granted are as follows:
• Author: As a delegate, you can read and create items, and modify and delete items you create. For example, a delegate can create task requests and meeting requests directly in the manager's Task or Calendar folder, and then send either item on the manager's behalf.
• Editor: As a delegate, you can do everything an Author can do, plus modify and delete the items created.
• Reviewer: As a delegate, you can read items; for example a delegate with Reviewer permission can read messages in another person's Inbox.
If you wish to add an organizational group (your entire unit, for example), select Name only for the Search: choice, then click on the drop-down menu under the Address Book and select All groups. A list of all the Exchange groups will appear; scroll through the list and select the group which you wish to have the access and either double click on the group or select the group and click the Add button and then click OK.
123 Fletcher Argue
Mon - Fri: 8am to 8pm
230 Neil John Maclean Library
Mon - Fri: 8am to 4:30pm