1. Launch Outlook 2011 for the Macintosh and log into your Exchange account.
2. Click the Calendar button on the bottom left of the screen.
3. Click the Categorize button on the Standard tool bar. Click to select All Categories. (Note: You must have an item, such as an e-mail or calendar appointment selected to do this, otherwise the categorize button will not show up. If an item is not selected, click on one before proceeding.)
4. To change the color used for a category select Edit Categories.
5. Repeat step 4 to change more categories.
6. Close the Categories window by clicking the red button (x) in the top left.