Depending on the level you have set your automatic junk mail filter to (How To Automatically Filter Junk Mail Using Outlook 2007 for Exchange Mail (Faculty/Staff)), you can set a Rule to move any potential junk mail that might be placed in your Inbox to go directly to your JunkMail folder.
1. Open Outlook 2007.
2. From the Menu Bar, click Tool, then Rules and Alerts.
3. In the Rules Wizard, click to select Move messages with specific words in the subject to a folder.
4. Click on the specific words link at the bottom of the window.
5. Enter [POTENTIAL JUNK MAIL] then click Add.
6. Click OK.
7. The Choose a folder window appears. Select Junk E-Mail.
8. Click OK.
9. Click the Next button four (4) times.
10. The Finish rule setup window appears, enter the name you wish to use to identify this rule (e.g., JUNK).
11. Click Finish.
12. Your Rules and Alerts window will show the newly created Rule.
13. Click Apply.
14. Click OK.
123 Fletcher Argue
Mon - Fri: 8am to 8pm
230 Neil John Maclean Library
Mon - Fri: 8am to 4:30pm