CLINICAL CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST / NEUROPSYCHOLOGIST
DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY
University of Manitoba,
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
The Department of Clinical Health Psychology in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, in collaboration with the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority invites applications for a Contingent Geographic Full-Time Clinical Psychologist position at the Assistant Professor level (position # 10411), commencing March 1, 2013 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful applicant for this position will provide comprehensive assessment of children and youth with neuro-developmental disorders, and will relate to a number of multi-disciplinary teams in Children’s Hospital, the Rehabilitation Centre for Children and the Manitoba FASD Centre. As a part of our Child & Adolescent Psychology Service, this individual will combine clinical practice with clinical research, teaching, and clinical supervision of residents and other students.
Clinical Health Psychology is unique in Canada, being both a Department in the Faculty of Medicine and a Clinical Program within the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Clinical Psychologists are appointed as members of the medical staff of the WRHA. For more information, visit our website: www.umanitoba.ca/medicine/clinical_health_psych
• Diagnostic assessment of children and youth with suspected neuro-developmental disorders
• Consultation with families, caregivers, community supports, and liaison with rural and northern communities.
• Public education and prevention activities.
• Supervision of psychology residents in our CPA accredited Psychology Residency program
• Teaching of medical students and students of other health professions.
• Development of an active programme of clinical research.
• Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Neuropsychology from a CPA or APA accredited training program and completion of a CPA or APA accredited internship / residency.
• Eligibility for registration as a Psychologist by the Psychological Association of Manitoba: www.cpmb.ca
• Must pass pre-employment criminal records and child abuse registry checks.
• Education and experience in child & adolescent clinical psychology, health psychology and/or neuropsychology.
• Clinical experience with FASD diagnostic assessment would be an asset.
• Strong inter-professional skills and ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Strong clinical research skills
• Training, experience, and/or research background and interests in Aboriginal health issues would be an asset.
Salary and Benefits:
• An attractive salary schedule and benefits
• The GFT agreement provides for on-site private practice opportunities.
The University encourages applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Interested persons should apply in writing referring to position # 10411, including curriculum vitae, and provide the names and contact information of three references to:
Dr. Bob McIlwraith
Department of Clinical Health Psychology,
Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba
PZ 350 - 771 Bannatyne Avenue,
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3N4 Tel: (204) 787-3876 Fax: (204) 787-3755 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
DEADLINE FOR INITIAL REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS is JANUARY 25, 2013 and applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.