► An Important Notice: Parking During Move-In/Out
Important things to know:
- Early Move-In: Please complete the Early Move-In Form. Only those requests listed on the form will be considered. You will be charged for all additional days prior to regular Move-In dates.
- Move-in for First-Time Residents: You can move in ON or AFTER the Saturday of Labour Day Weekend.
- Mary Speechly Hall, Pembina Hall Residence and Arthur V. Mauro Residence students should check in at the Arthur V. Mauro Residence Office at 120 Dafoe Road. There will be staff on duty at this office 20 hours a day, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 AM for move-in.
- University College Residence students can check in at the lobby of University College Residence at 220 Dysart Road from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM and at the Arthur V. Mauro Residence Office at 120 Dafoe Road between 4:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
- Move-in for Returners: You can move in ON or AFTER the Sunday of Labour Day Weekend. (See information above as to where to check-in).
- All Students: If you will be moving in later than the Thursday after Labour Day, please email your arrival date and time to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking Passes: Please bring your vehicle registration with you when you check in if you are picking up a parking pass.
- Residence Orientation: Please link here for more information.
- Maps: Please see the printable map of the U of M campus.
- Before your arrival, please be sure to read through the information about Accepted Residents to find out information on our offices, mailing addresses, security shifts, what to bring, etc.
- Residence Fee Payments: The balance of first term residence fees is due shortly after September Move-In. The detailed residence fee payment schedule is available.
- Please note that all payments must be made at or mailed to the Arthur Mauro Residence Office and that we cannot accept credit card payments from students for this payment unless they have official International Student status.
- We also can NOT accept post-dated cheques, internet banking payments, or bank wire transfers.
- Laundry Cards: Laundry cards and laundry refills can be purchased during Move-In Weekend. Laundry cards will be for sale beginning on the Tuesday after Labour Day.
- Residence Withdrawal: Your residence contract is for the full academic year until April of the following year. If you will be moving out of residence at the end of first term in December, be sure to submit a Residence Withdrawal Request Form to the Residence Office by the Withdrawal Deadline. (See Dates & Deadlines)
If you have any questions, please call 204-474-9922 or 1-800-859-8737 or email email@example.com.
- Students are required to move out of residence 24 hours after their last exam and return keys to the Residence Office at that time, unless a Request for Late Move-Out Form has been approved or unless you’ve applied for summer accommodation.
- Each student is required to complete the online Move-Out Confirmation Form before the deadline. Students who do not complete the Move-Out Confirmation Form by the deadline will be assigned a move-out date. Watch for updates on the Dates & Deadlines page.
- Residence Advisors will pass key all rooms and perform Room Condition checks upon move-out.
- Students may be charged additional fees for each day that they have not returned their keys after their move-out date.
- You must complete a Residence Withdrawal Notice if you are leaving residence before April. Students leaving residence before the end of the academic year who do not complete a Withdrawal Notice by the October withdrawal deadline will be charged a $1,000 penalty and must provide the Residence Office with proof of withdrawal from all classes. Students who are not withdrawing from classes are responsible for the residence fees for the remainder of the academic year if a Withdrawal Notice is not submitted by the deadline.
- Make sure your residence account is paid in full prior to leaving.
- Before you return your keys - check to see you have no mail.
- Update your address in your Residence Account through the Residence Portal. This will ensure that many mail received within 30 days of your departure will be forwarded. After 30 days, mail will be returned to sender.
- When you move out, the condition of the room must be the same as when you moved in. Additional charges will result if the room is left dirty or items are missing or damaged.
► Summer Storage Rooms
► Move-Out Final Clean-up
► Move-Out Recycling
► Important Information about Summer Accommodation…
► Living in Residence during the Summer
Have a Great Summer and see you in the Next Year!!