The following rates are for the September 2017 to April 2018 academic year
► Current Fee Payment Schedule
Below are the rate schedules for the 2017-2018 Academic Year (these rated were updated April 2017):
PLEASE NOTE: There is a $105 charge for students who intend to stay in residence over the December/January Holiday Break. Please see the information in the panel on the right for more details.
► Important Information
► Miss a Payment Deadline?
If you miss a payment deadline, you will be charged a $50 late fee.
- Students are responsible for checking their Aurora Student account, email and mailboxes on a regular basis for residence fee balances.
- Unpaid accounts will result in your University of Manitoba account being placed on HOLD, which prevents you from using most campus services, including libraries, and can result in eviction.
- Due to FIPPA (privacy laws), the Residence Office CANNOT discuss a student's account with ANYONE other than the student. If a student wants the Student Residences Office to release information to a specified person, they must provide written permission to the Student Residences Office.
► Residence Fees
- The Board of Governors has approved the Room and Meal Plan rates (8 months) at their March meeting.
- The rates are for the September to April regular academic year.
- For students staying only one semester (Fall or Winter), rates are approximately half the amounts listed.
► Council and Programming Fees
These additional fees are included in the Residence Rates:
- A Residence Council fee of $45
(University College Residence $60
- A ResLife Programming Fee of $80
► Staying in Residence over the December/January Holiday Break
- Students wishing to remain in residence over the
December/January holiday break will be required to declare their intent
to stay during this period and there will be an additional extended stay fee of $105.
This fee is over and above the residence room rate (see Section 1.3 of
the Residence Contract - Residence Service Interruptions). During the
holiday period, campus services (within and outside of residences) are
limited, but basic levels of caretaking and 24-hour security will be
provided for students who have declared their intent to stay.
application process will be required and all residents will be emailed
more information midway through the Fall term on how to apply. Students
who do not apply and pay the fee will not be permitted to stay in
residence as it is outside of the term contract dates (stated in
Section 1.2 of the Residence Contract - Occupancy Term Dates). However,
they may leave their belongings in their room. The University is closed
from Friday, December 22, 2017 to Monday, January 1, 2018 inclusive.
For more information on paying residence fees through a sponsoring agency, please see:
► Applied to Residence, but not accepted by University of Manitoba
If you make the $1,000 residence down payment and are not accepted to attend the University of Manitoba, you may be eligible for a refund. In order to be considered for a refund, you must supply a copy of the email or letter you received from the University to email@example.com
immediately upon receiving the letter. Once we receive a copy of the letter, you will be notified as to the refund amount you are eligible to receive.
Please note the Admissions Office and Faculty Offices do not notify the Residence Office of whether or not students are accepted. It is your responsibility to cancel your residence application or you will be responsible for the full room and meal plan fees.
For more information, please contact:
101 Arthur V. Mauro Residence
120 Dafoe Road
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 6B3
► Ready to Apply?
A non-refundable $50 Application Fee is required to accompany your Residence Application, which can be paid online by credit card.
► Residence Payments for ICM and Late Admittance U of M Students Only
- September (Term 1) and January (Term 2) residence fee payments MUST be paid at or mailed to the Arthur V. Mauro Residence Office.
- We accept payments in the form of cheque, money order, travelers cheque, bank draft, debit card and cash.
- Funds in tuition or ICM accounts intended to cover residence fees require a transfer request from the student. Please allow three (3) days for any tuition transfers.
- For more information about methods of residence fee payments for international students, please contact the Residence Office at 204-474-9922 or email
Cheques, Bank Drafts and Money Orders:
- Cheques are to be made payable to The University of Manitoba, Residences.
- We do not accept post-dated cheques.
- Please ensure your name and student number are on the cheque.
- If you are mailing your fees, please send to:
University of Manitoba
Arthur V. Mauro Residence Office
101-120 Dafoe Road
Winnipeg, MB R3T 6B3
- Ensure your daily withdrawal limit allows for the funds required to make the full payment. If you are unsure whether your your daily limit can cover the required withdrawal, or you know that an increase to your allowable daily limit is required, contact your bank prior to your arrival in residence.
- If you are unable to raise your daily limit, you may make partial payments leading up to the payment deadline but the full payment must be received on time to avoid late fees.
- Only International students have the option to pay their September (Term 1) or January (Term 2) residence payments by VISA or MasterCard. However, this must be done in person or by telephone. Credit card information will not be accepted by email, standard mail or fax. Credit card information submitted by an applicant/resident or by a third party, whereby the primary cardholder is not the applicant/resident, must be called into our Residence Office directly at 204-474-9922 or toll-free at 800-859-8737 during regular office hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm (CT) Monday through Friday.
- We accept only Canadian and U.S. Currency.