UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA GRADUATES
You are a University of Manitoba Graduate if you graduated from the University of Manitoba and did not attend or received a degree from any other post-secondary institution.
Should you have questions please contact us by EMAIL ONLY. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to phone calls.
- OBTAIN TENTATIVE ACCEPTANCE REQUIRED:
Make sure you've spoken with an Academic Advisor (professor) in BME and have received a tentative acceptance
- FILL-IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- PAY THE PROCESSING FEE
- NOT NEEDED
- INSTEAD: - In Application's Reference Area
- Reference 01: Enter your name and email
- Reference 02: Enter your Academic Advisor's name and email
- NOT NEEDED -- DO NOT SUBMIT
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAM SCORES:
- NOT NEEDED -- DO NOT SUBMIT
- AWARDS (in admissions application)
The Department distributes awards in-house; in this area enter "NO"
- We accept International Students as "FULL-TIME" Students ONLY.
- International Students may NOT be "PART-TIME" Students
- International Students are responsible for holding the proper immigration paperwork PRIOR to arrival and registration
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that he/she holds the current and correct documents required by the IRCC to enroll as a graduate student in Canada. Additionally, International Students must conduct themselves in accordance to IRCC rules and regulations.
- International Student Information: http://umanitoba.ca/biomedical_engineering/prospective_students/international_students.html
- VISA APPLICATION CENTRE (VAC): Questions regarding studying in Canada must be directed directly to the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada), more specifically to your local VAC Office
AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION...
After submitting your ONLINE APPLICATION and PAYING your Processing Fee, please send the following information to your Academic Advisor and ask him/her to ask the Graduate Student Advisor to process your admissions application and adjust intake period if necessary.
- YOUR NAME: as it appears on your Admissions Application
- GS NUMBER: Your APPLICATION NUMBER after you have paid your processing fee (this application number begins with "GS")
- It is the responsibility of the Academic Advisor (Professor) to contact the Department regarding your application and intake
Processing time for a Graduate Admissions Application is ~4 to ~16 weeks
- Admissions results, request for additional information, etc. will be communicated to you through your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT -- please monitor your Self-Service Account.
- Please ACCEPT or DECLINE the Offer of Admissions as soon as possible
- If applicable, print out the Offer Letter to use for your Visa Application
Neither Tentative Approval for admissions by an academic advisor within BME or the submission of an application and payment of processing fees guarantees admissions to the Graduate Program. All applications are reviewed by the Department and the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Final approval rests with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
All students are responsible for the content of their Admissions Application and in making sure that the instructions and procedures are followed for the proper submission of an Admissions Application which includes obtaining Tentative Acceptance from a professor in the Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering in advance of the submission of an official admissions application.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that he / she holds the current and correct documents required by the IRCC to enroll as a graduate student in Canada. Additionally, International students must conduct themselves in accordance to IRCC rules and regulations.