After receiving Tentative Acceptance you may submit an online Admissions Application. Please select the appropriate instructions to apply for admissions
Should you have questions please contact us by EMAIL ONLY. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to phone calls.
APPLICATION FEE EXEMPTION
We do not provide application fee exemptions.
PAYING THE APPLICATION FEE
We cannot process Admissions Applications without the receipt of the application/processing fee. The Application Fee may be paid through "PayMyTuition"
- Payment site information
- Payment website: https://www.paymytuition.com/
GATHER NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
- ASSEMBLE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Make sure you have photocopies of all necessary documents, required for your Application Type, before going to the online application link.
- APPLICATION TYPES: What document do I need
FULL-TIME / PART-TIME STATUS
Please discuss any possibilities of Part-Time enrollment with your Academic Advisor (Professor) while seeking Tentative Acceptance.
- Part-Time Enrollment Status MUST be discussed with your intended Academic Advisor PRIOR to receiving Tentative Acceptance
- Any deception made to the professor, department, university, etc. is cause for Discontinuance from the Graduate Program
- Once Part-Time status is approved by your Academic Advisor
- Select "PART-TIME" enrollment status on your ONLINE APPLICATION
- AFTER receiving an Offer of Admissions, email the Graduate Student Advisor to request a "PART-TIME GRADUATE STUDENT" form
- A REASON for Part-Time enrollment must be indicated on the "PART-TIME GRADUATE STUDENT" form
- Depending the REASON selected, the Graduate Student Advisor will request one of the following
- A letter from your employer indicating FULL-TIME employment
- This letter must be on company letter head
- This letter must be dated
- This letter should come from your company's Human Resource department
- This letter must be signed by a Human Resource representative
- A letter from your physician stating the reason you are not able to attend full-time
- This letter must be on the physician's letter head
- This letter must be dated
- This letter should be signed by either the physician or office administrator
- EMAIL back to the Graduate Student Advisor
- the "PART-TIME GRADUATE STUDENT" form
- the Letter from your Employer or Physician
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Must hold Full-Time Enrollment Status
- FUNDING & AWARDS
Usually, Part-Time students do not qualify for funding or scholarships
CREATE AN ACCOUNT & THE APPLICATION
- APPLICATION METHOD: Online Only
- APPLICATION FORM:
- Go to "APPLICATION DEADLINES"
- Select the correct TABLE
- CANADIAN / U.S. APPLICANTS
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- Click "APPLY" in the correct table
- Here, you will create your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT which holds your Admissions Application & paperwork.
- PURPOSE OF THE SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT:
The SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT allows The Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) to communication with you. Here you will learn of your
- Your Application Status
- Missing documents
- Document Rejections
- Conditions of Admissions
- Admission or Rejection into the Graduate Program
- PROCESSING FEE:
- The Processing Fee is submitted online at the end of your application
- The University accepts credit cards -- either VISA or MasterCard.
- We cannot process Admissions Applications without the receipt of the Processing Fee
Processing time for a Graduate Admissions Application is ~4 to ~16 weeks
DELAYS & MISSING DOCUMENTS
We cannot process applications which are missing
- English Language Proficiency Results
- Transcripts (photocopies)
- The submission of the Processing Fee
- ADMISSIONS APPLICATION RESULTS are communicated to you through your SELF-SERVICE ACCOUNT
-- Please monitor your account
- PROCESSING TIME: Depending on the time of year, missing paperwork, incomplete applications, etc. it can take ~4 to ~16 weeks to process an application. We cannot speed-up application processing.
Neither Tentative Approval for admissions by an academic advisor within BME or the submission of an application and payment of processing fees guarantees admissions to the Graduate Program. All applications are reviewed by the Department and the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Final approval rests with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
All students are responsible for the content of their Admissions Application and in making sure that the instructions and procedures are followed for the proper submission of an Admissions Application which includes obtaining Tentative Acceptance from a professor in the Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering in advance of the submission of an official admissions application.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that he / she holds the current and correct documents required by the IRCC to enroll as a graduate student in Canada. Additionally, International students must conduct themselves in accordance to IRCC rules and regulations.