Come celebrate ‘Building Our Community of Innovators’ by participating in Smartpark Beautification Day!
SmartPark Beautification Day is June 7, 2016. Please join us for a morning of networking, planting and beautifying our SmartPark lands! The day begins at 10:30 a.m. and runs until noon, at which point we invite all Smartpark tenants to meet their neighbours at a BBQ lunch with us at the Event Centre.
The theme for this inaugural SmartPark Beautification Day is Community. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, come out to the BBQ and enjoy our SmartPark community.
- UM Physical Plant will deliver and install a new large planter with fresh potting soil near the entrance of each tenant’s front door before June 7.
- Flowers will be delivered and dropped-off first thing Tuesday morning, along with garbage bags.
- Each tenant will arrange volunteers to plant the flowers in the planter (please bring your own planting tools), while others circle their building to pick up litter and keep our lands beautiful, then drop off the bags of litter at their front entrance for Physical Plant to collect for disposal.
- A new picnic table will also be delivered by Physical Plant to each tenant and placed wherever they desire for their personal use.
BBQ: Noon to 1 o’clock at the Event Centre 100-One Research Road for all Smartpark Beautification Day participants
RSVP by noon Friday June 6 to Smartpark@umanitoba.ca
- A special thank you is extended to:
Emergent BioSolutions for taking the initiative under their corporate social responsibility program for litter clean-up of the west 30 acres of Smartpark along Pembina Highway on Friday June 3.
- Mardi Grass Lawn Care for litter clean-up of the tall grass field and Parcel R west of One Research Road, and Lake 2 naturalized retention pond.
- And of course, all those members of community of innovators at Smartpark participating in Smartpark Beautification Day!
The June 7, 2016 Smartpark Beautification Day event including planters, flowers, picnic tables and lunch has been provided by the office of Andrew Konowalchuk, Associate Vice-President (Administration), University of Manitoba.