RESEARCH ACCOUNTING INITIATIVE
The goal of the research accounting initiative is to improve how research funding is administered at the University of Manitoba by:
- Ensuring that financial information provided to researchers, sponsoring agencies and other stakeholders is as accurate, timely and useful as possible.
- Enhancing the awareness and understanding of university and agency policies, which should lead to an increased compliance to those policies.
INTEGRATED TRAVEL INITIATIVE (formerly Travel and Expense)
Identifying an online travel booking system and expense management tool that will give better service to university employees traveling on business, and encourage the lowest available fares and rates.
Concur travel and expense online resources:
The financial services website has a host of useful tools for those migrating their way through their first few claims using the new Concur system.
- Online training and videos demonstrations , including a flash tutorial for smartphones
- Resources specifically for unit experts
- An in-depth travel and expense guide, including screen shots of important areas
- Points to remember and FAQs
- A guide to cash advances
Head to: http://www.umanitoba.ca/computing/renewal/aurora/finance/elearning/concur.html
ePROCUREMENT (EPIC) INITIATIVE
Moving to “e-procurement,” which will realize administrative cost savings through the automation of purchasing and payment processes such as purchase requisitions, approvals, order tracking and receiving.
FAST AR INITIATIVE (formerly Billings to Cash)
Moving to the FAST Accounts Receivable system to improve the invoicing and reporting capabilities available to all university users. This will increase efficiency and timeliness in the invoicing and collection of accounts.
The billings to cash and monthly reporting ROSE finance initiatives have brought about three new training opportunities. Register for the following courses and hear how your work within the Aurora Finance system is about to change:
1. What to expect with FAST 3.6
2. Accounts receivable invoicing (billings)
3. Budget transfers (budget adjustments)
Find detailed information on these courses, as well as how to register, here.
PURCHASING OPERATING MODEL INITIATIVE
Implementing a new proactive and strategically focused operating model (Supply Chain Management) for Purchasing Services, building upon and improving, through key performance indicators and other performance management methodologies, the performance of the department and the university’s service and supply agreements, resulting in substantial cost savings and greater efficiencies for University departments.
MONTHLY REPORTING INITIATIVE
Upgrade FAST Reporting to version 3.6 which will provide enhancements to report design and budget maintenance.
DIGITAL IMAGING INITIATIVE
On hold. Project scope and potential direction being reviewed
A draft of this project plan has now been completed. The team has been in communication with University of Manitoba legal counsel on digital imaging policy considerations for all of the finance initiatives that are promising scanned documents.