Every year in June, the Board of Governors approves the President’s priorities for the year. For the year beginning July 1, 2017, the Board of Governors approved a series of priorities and objectives based on the following:
- Working with the executive team to improve leadership effectiveness.
- Working on the capital campaign.
- Moving ahead on the change agenda for UM.
- Encouraging alignment of effort and resources with the university's institutional priorities.
- Articulating a longer term vision for the University of Manitoba.
- Speaking out on issues of public importance.
- Developing and articulating a plan to position the University for success through and beyond the presidential transition in 2020.