Celebrates support staff members who lead effective, high morale teams to achieve results. Effective leaders engage colleagues in ways that promote a common understanding of the team’s, unit’s and university’s mission and goals. These leaders also inspire creative and collaborative work. Award winners may be eligible for subsequent awards after three years.
- Has led an effective team to achieve results
- Actively seeks opportunities to engage colleagues in ways that contribute to a common sense of mission and purpose
- Demonstrates initiative in improving procedures, practices, productivity or service levels
- Actively involved in the mentorship and development of others
- Serves as a role model to other employees by consistently going beyond the requirements of their position
- Promotes a positive work environment, characterized by respect, support, trust, and collegiality
- At least 2 years of service at the U of M