Highlights of the agreement include:
- Four-year length of term until March 31, 2021.
- General salary increases in accordance with the Government of Manitoba’s mandate, with the first three years of the agreement at zero, 0.75 and 1.0 per cent. The fourth year includes a salary reopener, in which the two bargaining teams will negotiate compensation.
- Job security for librarians and instructors, now protected by the same financial exigency provisions as professors.
- Academic staff complement increased to be a minimum of 1,100.
- Academic librarians now have provisions governing the assignment of 'professional performance responsibilities.'
- Increase to individual Travel and Expense funds by $500, starting July 1, 2018.
- Establishment of a joint UMFA-U of M labour-management committee, which will hold meetings outside of the bargaining process in order to discuss issues of concern.
The signed 2017 - 2021 collective agreement will be posted in the near future on the Human Resources website.