The University of Manitoba believes that pay is a key element in recruiting, rewarding and retaining our staff. Our goal is to pay competitive salaries by using systems that are clearly communicated to employees. The University focuses on compensation strategies that maximize the recruitment, performance, and retention of quality faculty and staff, while adhering to the negotiated collective agreements and applicable employment legislation and regulations.
Compensation services include:
- Assistance with job analysis and preparation of job descriptions;
- Job evaluation using the Hay Point Factor System;
- Determining step placement;
- Maintaining internal alignment;
- Determining external competitiveness by conducting and participating in wage surveys;
- Administering pay changes in accordance to collective agreements, increases approved by the Board of Governors, and changes to wage-related policies.
- Maintaining wage and service scales.
309 Administration Bldg.
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada