Revision Date: July, 2007
Classification: Food Service Utility Worker
Hay Point Range:
CHARACTER OF THE JOB
The Food Service Utility Worker, under general supervision of the Lead or Management Team, is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation services provided in a fast paced cash retail food service operation, residence area or kitchen area.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides “on-the-job” training to new staff.
· Requisitions supplies from the Campus Storeroom.
· Practices and ensures proper storage and temperature controls of all supplies.
· Responsible for maintaining a well organized and clean kitchen and storage areas including front of house areas such as seating areas and common areas, ensuring they are clean and sanitized in accordance to all health and safety regulations. Keeps dining spaces neat and organized. Sanitizes all table surfaces in all dining spaces.
· May deliver to or serve in the Retail food service or catering events as assigned.
· Responsible for catering function room setups as assigned.
· Distributes supplies throughout the department on an as needed basis.
· Responsible for the operation of a commercial dishwasher or pot washer. Maintains the equipment regularly and in the correct manner observing all safety precautions at all times.
· Assists if required to count inventory and record data.
· Assists with the loading and unloading of goods received.
· Reports operational concerns to the Lead or Management Team.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications necessary for satisfactory job Performance are:
Level of Formal Education Required
High School graduate
Skills and Abilities
· Must demonstrate the competent ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Must have full medical examination upon request.
· Standing 100% of the time.
· Some heavy lifting required. Must be able to lift and carry a load up to 40 kg without strain.
· Repetitive work and actions may include dish handling and reaching.
This class specification is intended to illustrate the characteristics of this classification level and should not be interpreted as a description of any one individual position within this classification.