Revision Date: August 2005
Classification: Facilities Attendant
Hay Point Range: 121-156
CHARACTER OF THE JOB
Under general supervision, the incumbent performs a variety of duties relating to the care, repair, maintenance, security and use of educational, recreational and sports facilities and equipment at playing fields, gymnasia, swimming pool, etc. Main duties are related to the sales and service of facility-use memberships and equipment loans. The supervision of other employees is not a requirement at this level; however, incumbents may be required to assist in the introductory training of students and new employees hired to positions at the same level.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives monies for facility use membership sales, program registrations, equipment rental, etc. Enters information to computer database. Operates cash register Polaroid photo I.D. reproduction unit and access card encoding unit.
- Issues towels, lockers and equipment loans to authorized persons.
- Ensures equipment returns and performs routine repairs when necessary.
- Performs routine inspections, maintenance and cleaning of equipment and facilities.
- Assists with locker clearance as required
- Assists with training for student employees.
- Provides information regarding the facilities and Recreation Services programs.
- Provides customer service to all users of the facilities, resolving conflicts where possible.
- Inspects and secures all building rooms and doors at closing time. Conducts opening building check and unlocks public areas at set times.
- Acts as Faculty’s security person during public hours and provides access to locked areas such as meeting, lecture and lab rooms. Signs out keys to authorized persons.
- Responsible for setting up and taking down equipment for use at classes, clinics, or track and field events.
- Takes charge of equipment room on evening or weekend shifts.
- Takes annual inventories.
- Checks and receives goods ordered against purchase requisitions.
- Washes towels and uniforms, etc.
- Maintains safety of all cash, and the cash float and takes cash register closing readings, etc.
- Contacts Campus Security with respect to any building emergencies or dealings with persons which require police support. Fills out any necessary reports.
- Operates machinery such as garden tractor, grinder, line painter, industrial washer and dryer and hoop drill.
- Required to obtain knowledge of and comply with safety policies applicable to the workplace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications necessary for acceptable (satisfactory) job performance are:
Level of Formal Education
Education to an acceptable level.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with physical education facilities and equipment
- At least one year of related experience in serving and meeting the public, with some experience with computers and using computerized cash register preferred.
- or -
An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic handy person skills for sports equipment repair.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with students, staff, and the public.
Capable of performing the duties as assigned.
This class specification is intended to illustrate the characteristics of this classification level and should not be interpreted as a description of any one individual position within this classification level.
Questions or Comments? Contact Jindra Vancura at (204) 474-8288