Northern Medical Clinic Coordinator
Revision Date: August 2005
Classification: Northern Medical Clinic Coordinator
Hay Point Range: 222 – 272
CHARACTER OF THE JOB
Located in a Northern Manitoba hospital or clinic, these positions perform all the duties of the Northern Medical Clinic Assistant and have the overall responsibility for co-ordinating the operation of the clinic on a day-to-day basis and for supervising the other clinic nursing staff.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs any duties of the Northern Medical Clinic Assistant required to support the activities of the clinic.
- Organizes and supervises specialty clinics such as diabetic, prenatal and visiting consultant clinics.
- Maintains clinic supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The minimum qualifications necessary for acceptable (satisfactory) job performance are:
Level of Formal Education
Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nursing Assistant Diploma or equivalent certification.
- One to two years clinical nursing experience, preferably in a Northern clinic or related health care setting.
- One to two years' experience supervising other LPNs or other non-professional nursing staff.
- Experience training and evaluating the performance of subordinates .
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated good judgement in serving the needs of the unit and patients.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative and able to work independently in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of the various communities and cultures served in the clinic and be sensitive in dealing with culturally-related issues.
- Must be professional and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Familiarity with the environment, culture and living conditions of the area is required.
- Some positions may required proficiency in an Aboriginal language.
- Physically capable of performing the duties as assigned, which may include moderate to heavy lifting.
- Must live in the community in which the clinic is located.
This class specification is intended to illustrate the characteristics of this classification level and should not be interpreted as a description of any one individual position within this classification level.
Questions or Comments? Contact Jindra Vancura at (204) 474-8288