|Revision Date: September 1995
Unit: C.U.P.E. 3909
Hay Point Range: N/A
CHARACTER OF THE JOB
Grader/Markers are responsible to the employment supervisor responsible for a course(s) for completing assigned grading and marking activities.
In carrying out her/his responsibilities the Grader/Marker shall conduct herself/himself in a responsible and ethical manner in the performance of her/his duties and in her/his relations with students and staff.
With respect to the duties assigned, the incumbent will be informed by the employment supervisor of the guidelines and limitations placed on her/him in completing assigned duties.
- Meets with the employment supervisor responsible for the course(s), for purpose of orientation and receiving guidelines for grading and marking assignments and for providing written feedback to the students.
- Grades and marks work submitted by students from tests, exams or projects.
- Provides written feedback to the students, on the quality of material presented for grading or marking.
- May be required to maintain regularly scheduled and posted times for providing consultation and a reasonable amount of informally scheduled consultation to students on test, exam or project results.
- May be required to assist in the production of tests, exams or projects under the supervision of the person responsible for the laboratory or class.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Completion of academic studies which have resulted in an expertise specifically appropriate to grading or marking the material assigned.
- An empathetic approach to the instructional needs and concerns of students.
- Effective skills in the English language.
Questions or Comments? Contact Josie Lubega at (204) 474-8288
|[ Human Resources | Class Specs | CUPE 3909 ]|