7.1 Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board:
The Board in each year shall elect from amongst its members a Chair of the Board and Vice-Chair of the Board, each of whom shall hold office for one year and until their successors are elected, and, if then a member of the Board, shall be eligible for re-election. If there is more than one nominee for either office, the election for such office shall be by ballot.
If the office of Chair of the Board or Vice-Chair of the Board becomes vacant for any reason, the Board may elect a successor who shall hold office until the next regular meeting in June and until a successor is elected.
7.1.3 Duties and Powers:
22.214.171.124 Chair of the Board:
The Chair of the Board shall:
- preside at all meetings of the Board and of the Executive Committee;
- be a member, ex officio, of all committees of the Board;
- perform such other duties and exercise such other powers as are given to the Chair of the Board by the Act, by the General Bylaws or by the Board.
126.96.36.199 Vice-Chair of the Board:
In the case of the absence or disability of the Chair of the Board, or of there being a vacancy in the office of Chair of the Board, the Vice-Chair of the Board shall possess all the powers and perform all the duties pertaining to the office of the Chair of the Board.
The Board shall appoint a Secretary to hold office at the pleasure of the Board.
In the absence of the Secretary from any meeting of the Board or of a Standing Committee, the Chair of the Board or of a Standing Committee, as the case may be, may appoint a substitute.
The Secretary need not be a member of the Board and may hold any other offices in the University.
7.2.4 Duties and Powers:
The Secretary shall:
- carry out such duties as are assigned to the Secretary by the General Bylaws, the Board or by the Chair of the Board;
- give notice of meetings of the Board and of the Standing Committees;
- prepare and distribute the agendas of meetings of the Board and of the Standing Committees;
- attend the meetings of the Board and of the Standing Committees and record minutes of such meetings in books kept for that purpose, and retain such books for safe-keeping; and
- forward copies of the minutes of the Board and of the Standing Committees to the members thereof as soon as is practicable after such meetings.