What we do
Travel Services is an arm to the Financial Services Unit and is responsible for the administration of travel services procured for and on behalf of the university community. The specific responsibilities include the review, verification and processing of expenses reports for travel and travel related services such as conference registration, off campus business luncheons, banquets, airfare, accommodation and car rental.
Travel Services is also responsible to the audit of units Purchasing Card and Airline Card statement reconciliation. Additionally, the team performs reconciliation for Petty Cash and Accountable/Cash advances.
Customer facing is a major responsibility of travel Services as we seek to dialogue with the university community in resolving any travel related issues. The Travel Services team is accessible through our help desk at 474-7944 04 via email Travelassistance@umanitoba.ca
Our support to University travelers and travel arrangers covers:
- Administration of the University travel program
- Keeping University travelers and travel arrangers informed about policies, procedures and travel updates within the industry
- Ensuring that the information provided for the Uof M "Travel Services Home Page" is valid and current
The Travel Services Office is responsible for the following University-wide policies and procedures governing:
- Issuance of Petty Cash and Change Fund
- Issuance of Accountable/Cash Advance
- Airfare (Travel Authorization)
- Hotel Accommodations for visitors (Hotel Authorization)
- Travel & Business Expense Claims
Where to get help?
For all questions about travel, including questions about your claim, travel policies, etc. please call 7944 or e-mail Travelassistance@umanitoba.ca
One of our Travel Services staff will be happy to help you.
We are committed to responding to you within 24 hours of your request.