Payroll Services

Payroll Services aims to deliver quality administrative payroll services to the University of Manitoba community, as well as a broad range of external agencies, in a timely and efficient manner while adhering to internal policies, union contracts and government regulations.

Access the following for your Payroll needs:

Pay Info for Employees
Resources for Processing Payroll
TD1 and Government Forms
Record of Employment (ROE)
Pay Info for Students
Payroll Forms








** Electronic Distribution of T4 Slips**

University of Manitoba is pleased to inform you that T4 slips for 2017 and any subsequent years will be provided to all our active employees through electronic access to Employee Self Service (ESS) portal. You will be able to view/print your T4 slips in a convenient manner similar to the way you currently access your pay statements through secure log-in to ESS, which has been operational for several years.


Click HERE for the official communication and detail information.

Click HERE for the instructions on how to obtain T-slips on ESS and the Request Form for Paper T4 Slip


Payroll Deadlines are as follows:

Direct hour batches and correction and addition forms must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. every Friday with the exception of Good Friday and floating holidays such as July 1st, November 11th and Christmas closure. For Good Friday and where floating holidays fall on the Friday, the deadline is the Thursday prior to the holiday by 4:00 p.m. The Christmas closure deadline will be provided in an email in mid to late November and will indicate revised deadline for both HR and Payroll. Directions and calendars are provided for your ease.

Corrections and Additions forms received after cut off run the risk of been carried forward to the next pay period. Rush cheques might be required and at your cost. 


The following information is now available on the CRA website

Need a proof of income statement for your student loan? Get it online

When applying for a student loan, grant or subsidy, you may be asked to provide a proof of income statement (option ‘C’ print) to your financial institution or to a municipal, provincial, territorial or federal government department.



The Canadian Payroll Association has recently released the new research report for their "Canadians living pay cheque to pay cheque" research survey:

National Payroll Week "Canadians Living Pay Cheque to Pay Cheque" media deck

National Payroll Week Survey Infographic

National Payroll Week Survey News Release

Manitoba National Payroll Week Survey Infographic

Manitoba National Payroll Week Survey News Release