Office of International Relations
Welcome to the Web site of the Office of International Relations at the University of Manitoba. This Office is an integral part of the Office of the President. It has a mission to coordinate and facilitate the University's international activities and to support efforts to internationalize the campus.
The Office of International Relations (OIR) is a contact and resource service for the following functions:
- Advise faculty and university units regarding international scholarly and professional activity
- Assist in the initiation, application and management of international development projects
- Support the establishing of international academic exchanges and partnerships
- Develop, recommend and advise on the university's internationalization policies and strategies
- Handle protocol matters related to international visitors to University of Manitoba
- Communicate relevant information to the university community on international funding agencies and opportunities for international collaborative projects
- Promote working relationships with international governments and institutions, including International Financial Institutions, development agencies and private foundations supporting development activities.
Our mandate includes activities that are internal as well as external to the university. So, our office works closely with many University of Manitoba academic and administrative units, including the offices of the Vice Presidents Academic and Research, Public Affairs, Student Affairs, and Extended Education as well as University of Manitoba faculties and schools.
OIR Staff Page: Who we are and what we do
Related units: OIR works cooperatively with many units on campus at the University of Manitoba to further the University's international interests.
International Activity at the University of Manitoba: links to database information, statistics and reports
Seed funding for international initiatives
Internationalization Research & News: calls for proposals, 'partnership bulletins' from AUCC, general inquiries from schools/agencies abroad, etc.